Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 11-04-19, 06:52 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 14,804
Close to the Sun, the Bioshock-like horror FPS, will release this May

This Unreal Engine 4 game will be an Epic Games Exclusive.



Read more about Close to the Sun, the Bioshock-like first-person horror game.

__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-04-19, 08:06 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,057
I like the look of this one
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-04-19, 02:55 PM
Daiyus's Avatar
Daiyus Daiyus is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
I like the look of this one
Agreed. It's definitely going on my watch-list.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 13-04-19, 03:12 PM
Merticois Merticois is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1
Skip unless Epic Games addresses the security issues or it comes to steam.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 13-04-19, 06:50 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merticois View Post
Skip unless Epic Games addresses the security issues or it comes to steam.
Your loss.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 13-04-19, 08:06 PM
MacLeod's Avatar
MacLeod MacLeod is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,096
What security issue? Epic has a customer base larger than the population of most countries and we've not heard of any breaches. Their system seems to be as solid if not more so than Steam's.



As for the game, you say Bioshock, I say take my money! I know it's not a "Bioshock" game but if it's similar I'll definitely be interested. Good, action/sci-fi single player games are hard to come by these days.
__________________

AMD R5 1600X @ 4.0 GHz ••• Asus ROG Strix X370-F ••• Corsair H110i
Corsair 500R ••• EVGA Supernova G3 750 ••• Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB x2 ••• Nvidia RTX 2070 FE
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB ••• HP 32Q @ 1440
Logitech G-Pro TKL ••• Razer DeathAdder Elite
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 13-04-19, 08:12 PM
Greenback's Avatar
Greenback Greenback is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post
What security issue? Epic has a customer base larger than the population of most countries and we've not heard of any breaches. Their system seems to be as solid if not more so than Steam's.



As for the game, you say Bioshock, I say take my money! I know it's not a "Bioshock" game but if it's similar I'll definitely be interested. Good, action/sci-fi single player games are hard to come by these days.
Probably the ones posted on reddit by an amateur shortly after debunked by people who actually know what they are looking at and shown that most of it is in steam and other web based store fronts and it's nothing but people don't check on these things they just regurgitate what other tell them
__________________
CASE: NZXT H440 white
CPU: RYZEN 1500x, H100i GTX
MB: MSI TOMAHAWK ARCTIC
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: TTL white 1060
OS: CRUCIAL MX100 250GB
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 13-04-19, 10:05 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post
What security issue? Epic has a customer base larger than the population of most countries and we've not heard of any breaches. Their system seems to be as solid if not more so than Steam's.



As for the game, you say Bioshock, I say take my money! I know it's not a "Bioshock" game but if it's similar I'll definitely be interested. Good, action/sci-fi single player games are hard to come by these days.
He's probably one of those "waah waah not on steam, not gonna buy" people. I know of no security issues except some conspiracy theorists that put something on reddit hoping to start a fire. It held no truth.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 13-04-19, 10:06 PM
MacLeod's Avatar
MacLeod MacLeod is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
Probably the ones posted on reddit by an amateur shortly after debunked by people who actually know what they are looking at and shown that most of it is in steam and other web based store fronts and it's nothing but people don't check on these things they just regurgitate what other tell them
I don't get the Epic hate these days. For years and years people complained about Steam, about how they didn't care about the customers because they have no competition. Well Epic finally is offering some competition and everybody hates them for it.

It's just like with Fortnite and streamers. Here is Epic putting on Fortnite tournaments with prize money in the tens of millions of dollars and all these so called pros do is whine and moan about it. Every tournament so far has been filled with nerd rage about one thing or the other.

I will never understand why gamers are so angry all the time. I've been one for over 3 decades but it's only been the last decade or so that we hate everything. Crysis sucks because the graphics are too demanding. Crysis 2 sucks because the graphics aren't demanding enough.

Ugh.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 14-04-19, 10:27 AM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post
I don't get the Epic hate these days. For years and years people complained about Steam, about how they didn't care about the customers because they have no competition. Well Epic finally is offering some competition and everybody hates them for it.

It's just like with Fortnite and streamers. Here is Epic putting on Fortnite tournaments with prize money in the tens of millions of dollars and all these so called pros do is whine and moan about it. Every tournament so far has been filled with nerd rage about one thing or the other.

I will never understand why gamers are so angry all the time. I've been one for over 3 decades but it's only been the last decade or so that we hate everything. Crysis sucks because the graphics are too demanding. Crysis 2 sucks because the graphics aren't demanding enough.

Ugh.
Some people really just don't have anything better to do. I wish I had time to hate something just because I was that bored.
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 02:17 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.