Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 09-04-19, 01:52 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 15,037
Valve's anti review bombing feature removes 4,000+ reviews from Borderlands 1 & 2

So-called "off-topic reviews" will no longer impact Steam review ratings.



Read more about Valve's anti-review bombing measures removing around 4,000 user reviews from the Borderlands series.

__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-04-19, 03:47 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: With the Asguardians of the Galaxy
Posts: 15,698
It's sad how low the trolls can get. Review bombing things that have 0 to do with the upcoming title
__________________
I am Iron Man.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-04-19, 07:40 PM
MacLeod's Avatar
MacLeod MacLeod is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
It's sad how low the trolls can get. Review bombing things that have 0 to do with the upcoming title

Agreed.

I know we gamers are the angriest bunch of people on the planet but this round of nerd rage I simply don't get. So the game is exclusive... So what? It's not on some small, fly by night retailer that you're nervous about installing... It's on the Epic Games Store which has a customer base larger than the population of most countries and I'm betting most of the ones exhibiting all the nerd rage already have installed on their PC.

It's also kinda nice that we finally have a retailer that looks like they can shake up Steam with some competition. That's never a bad thing.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-04-19, 07:20 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post
Agreed.

I know we gamers are the angriest bunch of people on the planet but this round of nerd rage I simply don't get. So the game is exclusive... So what? It's not on some small, fly by night retailer that you're nervous about installing... It's on the Epic Games Store which has a customer base larger than the population of most countries and I'm betting most of the ones exhibiting all the nerd rage already have installed on their PC.

It's also kinda nice that we finally have a retailer that looks like they can shake up Steam with some competition. That's never a bad thing.
Tell that to the drones of Steam fan boys who threw their toys out of the crib because borderlands 3 is going to Epic first. 100% agree with you though. Or at least this new generation of gamers.

I would say before e-sports came, and twitch streaming and all the popularity behind gaming, it was a good community. Even World of Warcraft was no where near the vile toxic display it is today. And back then it had maybe triple the subscriptions it has now. Glad I left that game far behind.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-04-19, 12:41 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,514
I never thought I would see as much petulance than the reaction over Brexit but this just reaffirms what tossers there are out there.

People need real problems to worry about tbh.
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-04-19, 12:46 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
I never thought I would see as much petulance than the reaction over Brexit but this just reaffirms what tossers there are out there.

People need real problems to worry about tbh.
Don't think they could handle them. Too many people losing touch with reality and unable to cope with the most simplest of dilemma's / moderately stressful tasks.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-04-19, 01:03 PM
Dark NighT's Avatar
Dark NighT Dark NighT is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,647
Review bombing is so childish, i myself am not a fan of the way Epic does it's deals and removes choices for purchase, but i wouldn't rip up a great game just because of that.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-04-19, 01:18 PM
looz's Avatar
looz looz is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
Review bombing is so childish, i myself am not a fan of the way Epic does it's deals and removes choices for purchase, but i wouldn't rip up a great game just because of that.
Childish behaviour can be expected from the gaming community - significant portion of gamers are literally children. Not to mention teenagers, and generally immature people.

Steam's way of just sweeping them under a rug is correct, let them have their outrage since it's going to inevitably happen somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
I never thought I would see as much petulance than the reaction over Brexit but this just reaffirms what tossers there are out there.

People need real problems to worry about tbh.
Oh, like brexit?
__________________
i7 8700k - 16GB - 2060 FE - 512GB 970 & 850 EVO - AKG K702
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 01:33 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.