Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 08-04-19, 04:59 PM
News Guru

Dangerous Driving, the Spiritual Successor to Burnout, is now available on PC

The game's PC system requirements are now available.

Read more about Dangerous Driving, the spiritual successor to Burnout.

Old 08-04-19, 05:44 PM

Happy to see this game coming out due to the behind the scenes story but the trailer did not seem too impressive. I LOVED the original burnout though so for the price I might pick it up. I just wish I did not now need to create an epic account to get it, hate this era of gaming for reasons like that.
Old 08-04-19, 07:42 PM
Bettyswollocks

What the hell did I just watch... it looks just terrible. On rails cornering and bad gfx makes not a good game. I'd be more impressed reinstalling Screamers (google it) pre 98' racer.
Old 08-04-19, 07:52 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
What the hell did I just watch... it looks just terrible. On rails cornering and bad gfx makes not a good game. I'd be more impressed reinstalling Screamers (google it) pre 98' racer.
Yeah, the official trailer doesn't look great. Looked OK based on some of the other gameplay that I have looked at, that said I can just boot up Burnout Paradise remastered if I want a fix of that kind of game.

It looks like the dev is making a lot of smaller projects to keep itself going, as I don't think the studio heads want another EA takeover type situation. That said I would love to see a medium or large budget burnout successor.
Old 09-04-19, 09:39 PM
OC3D Crew

Did I miss something? Since when NOWDAYS does a trailer mean anything? Anything at ALL?

I wish that companies had to release a game and THAT is it. No updates. NO patches. Like back in the NES days.

Quite quickly we would see what companies would be the good ones and bad ones.

As of trailers..... I dont even bother to watch many these days as I wait for the reviews to pour in first.
Old 09-04-19, 10:19 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Governour View Post
Did I miss something? Since when NOWDAYS does a trailer mean anything? Anything at ALL?

I wish that companies had to release a game and THAT is it. No updates. NO patches. Like back in the NES days.

As of trailers..... I dont even bother to watch many these days as I wait for the reviews to pour in first.
I remember games coming out that needed patches and you'd need to wait for next months PC-Format to get it, back in the good days when you needed a basic understanding of DOS just to play games yes I'm old
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 09-04-19, 11:25 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Governour View Post

You'd only see bad ones. I don't think you quiet understand the difference between game complexity between NES and modern games if you believe what you say is true. As games get bigger they get exponentially more complex. that is why we have bugs in every new game that gets released and the reason for patches and updates. Witcher 3 one of the greatest games ever released with dozens upon dozens of awards from around the world, had bugs and still does to this day(like Roach doing odd stuff, but they left it as a meme).

I despise the argument people make about "back in my day games were blah". It's not an apples to apples argument. As technology gets pushed it gets more complex. What gets more complex is more likely to break. It's the same concept people use all the time about cars with added computers and them breaking down and more and more people cannot even fix there own cars as half the time you need to take it in to the OEM and fix the computer.
Old 10-04-19, 04:26 AM
OC3D Elite

https://youtu.be/6F4jOqEM_aQ

Apparently it's a bit disappointing.