Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 14-03-19, 05:43 PM
News Guru

Total War: Three Kingdoms PC Systems Specs - New Tech and Dropped Multi-GPU support

No SLI support? Why?

Read more about Total War: Three Kingdoms' technological changes and PC system requirements.

Old 14-03-19, 07:18 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Two typos...
"and a lover graphical impact than MSAA. " No idea what lover graphical means

Then it should be the addition of TAA not MSAA.

I don't think it's a negative at all. People need to get with the times. Multi GPU is dead and has been and newer technology such as TAA which is becoming very popular is part of the reason why. I mean sure it's great for the few who use it but realistically speaking the amount of effort required for it to work is pretty high for not much gain in many areas for a business.
DX12 should help but it's taking a while to get working in general let alone a niche mGPU feature.

As for the requirements.. kinda steep. 1080p60 ultra needs a 1080? Damn.
Old 14-03-19, 07:45 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Two typos...
"and a lover graphical impact than MSAA. " No idea what lover graphical means

Then it should be the addition of TAA not MSAA.

I don't think it's a negative at all. People need to get with the times. Multi GPU is dead and has been and newer technology such as TAA which is becoming very popular is part of the reason why. I mean sure it's great for the few who use it but realistically speaking the amount of effort required for it to work is pretty high for not much gain in many areas for a business.
DX12 should help but it's taking a while to get working in general let alone a niche mGPU feature.

As for the requirements.. kinda steep. 1080p60 ultra needs a 1080? Damn.
Cheers man. Typos addressed.

TBH I would love to see them explore CPU performance benefits more with DirectX 12. I agree with you on TAA, but TAA (But it's blurreah!) has its hater and lot of people oversell how good MSAA is.

For some perspective, Warhammer II on Ultra barely ran at 60 on a GTX 1080 Ti when it launched. Very demanding. Ultra settings in a total war game are, well, ULTRA.
Old 14-03-19, 08:18 PM
AMD Enthusiast

I mean the only blurry AA form I've ever seen is FXAA. That stuff just bad
I'd rather see CPU performance benefits from DX12 than GPU. TW is far more CPU bound and the VFX in the games are never top notch, so being able to take advantage of higher settings isn't useful and more FPS isn't really possible considering it's still CPU bound. I'd love to actually see TW make use of more than 2 cores. If we can get like 8 threads going I'd be stoked(as in 8T= 4C)

But yeah it does seem better than Warhammer 2 now that you mention it. So here's to hoping. I run a 1080 at 1440p. So I'm gonna be really pushing it. I never use AA though because I don't notice it at 1440 so hopefully that helps keep me at 60
Old 14-03-19, 08:52 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I mean the only blurry AA form I've ever seen is FXAA. That stuff just bad
I'd rather see CPU performance benefits from DX12 than GPU. TW is far more CPU bound and the VFX in the games are never top notch, so being able to take advantage of higher settings isn't useful and more FPS isn't really possible considering it's still CPU bound. I'd love to actually see TW make use of more than 2 cores. If we can get like 8 threads going I'd be stoked(as in 8T= 4C)

But yeah it does seem better than Warhammer 2 now that you mention it. So here's to hoping. I run a 1080 at 1440p. So I'm gonna be really pushing it. I never use AA though because I don't notice it at 1440 so hopefully that helps keep me at 60
Yeah, I'd love to see some more work on DX12. Total War really needs good optimisation on the CPU side. One of the main reasons why I can't like Thrones of Britannia. They hamstrung themselves by using the old Attila engine build.

TAA is usually very cheap, a few % points. A lot of people wouldn't notice the performance difference. Should be better than FXAA.
Old 18-03-19, 01:44 PM
OC3D Crew

I can understand why they would support SLI, I mean how many people these days can afford to SLI? You need a 2080 or above if you want to buy now. I wonder what the actual figures are of the gaming population that are using SLI setups actually is? 1%? lower?