Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 13-03-19, 12:09 PM
News Guru

Gearbox Hints at Borderlands 3 Reveal This Month

Will a new Borderlands game be announced a PAX East?

Read more about Gearbox's Borderlands 3 teaser.

Old 13-03-19, 03:21 PM

Long overdue!

Well it's been an incredibly long wait and been under wraps but hopefully won't disappoint.
I personally felt borderlands 2 wasn't a patch on the 1st and the general Knox dlc probably the best game of the whole franchise.
Old 13-03-19, 03:30 PM
OC3D Elite

I want it to be great but given the state of the triple A industry i will patiently wait for a discount and watch/read reviews, if there is any form of microtransactions in there for the weapons, shields, whatever else equipment, i will refuse it outright.

Borderlands 2 had some skins available for purchase, but they were only character skins, nothing in the way of actual equipment, it was a fine line i could live with, however, things have become much worse sooo yeah, i guess time will tell.
Old 13-03-19, 03:39 PM
OC3D Elite

Let's pray it's not full of micro transactions.

Old 13-03-19, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Let's pray it's not full of micro transactions.
If that is what you pray for... I have no words.
Old 13-03-19, 07:47 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kully1972 View Post
Well it's been an incredibly long wait and been under wraps but hopefully won't disappoint.
I personally felt borderlands 2 wasn't a patch on the 1st and the general Knox dlc probably the best game of the whole franchise.
Damn, I love both games and never even considered looking for DLC afterwards, LOL! Never heard of this General Knox DLC, but I'll be looking that up tonight!

Old 13-03-19, 10:04 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy-ZA View Post
If that is what you pray for... I have no words.
I'm not exactly sure what the context of that is. However, when I wait for 7+ years for a game I pray it's not crap. Case in point? FO76.

Old 13-03-19, 10:36 PM
OC3D Elite

Man I can't wait. Borderlands 1 was superb and 2 was almost a perfect game. Never could get that into 3 (pre-sequel) tho but it was still a solid game.

I'm really hoping they can capture what made 1 and 2 so great.

Nowadays with everybody putting out Battle Royale games, a great single player shooter is music to my ears!

AMD R5 1600X @ 4.0 GHz ••• Asus ROG Strix X370-F ••• Corsair H110i
Corsair 500R ••• EVGA Supernova G3 750 ••• Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB x2 ••• Nvidia RTX 2070 FE
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB ••• HP 32Q @ 1440
Logitech G-Pro TKL ••• Razer DeathAdder Elite
Old 13-03-19, 11:00 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post
Man I can't wait. Borderlands 1 was superb and 2 was almost a perfect game. Never could get that into 3 (pre-sequel) tho but it was still a solid game.

I'm really hoping they can capture what made 1 and 2 so great.

Nowadays with everybody putting out Battle Royale games, a great single player shooter is music to my ears!
Borderlands was what concreted Co Op as my fave way of gaming. I wouldn't say I am totally not competitive, but I don't like the way people react when they win. Kinda like greed it's not a side of humanity I like. I much prefer dragging my half dead chum to the end of a level, or vice versa.

Co Op took off around 2009. It sorta stagnated after that.. BL2 is probably the best co op experience I've ever had. I would say that L4D/2 and Dead Island/Riptide come close though.

I just wish that every Far Cry after 2 was Co Op. It makes *such a huge difference*. FC5 and New Dawn have really got me back into Co Op games. I don't get why BLOPS III was Co Op but not the new one

Ah well. As I say, I just hope they don't murder this with "Gotta buy this if you don't want to suck and smell of poo". If they stay true to BL2 and follow on from there this will be sensational. I just hope they don't succumb to the greed like Bethesda have.

Old 14-03-19, 01:51 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Borderlands was what concreted Co Op as my fave way of gaming. I wouldn't say I am totally not competitive, but I don't like the way people react when they win. Kinda like greed it's not a side of humanity I like. I much prefer dragging my half dead chum to the end of a level, or vice versa.

Co Op took off around 2009. It sorta stagnated after that.. BL2 is probably the best co op experience I've ever had. I would say that L4D/2 and Dead Island/Riptide come close though.

I just wish that every Far Cry after 2 was Co Op. It makes *such a huge difference*. FC5 and New Dawn have really got me back into Co Op games. I don't get why BLOPS III was Co Op but not the new one

Ah well. As I say, I just hope they don't murder this with "Gotta buy this if you don't want to suck and smell of poo". If they stay true to BL2 and follow on from there this will be sensational. I just hope they don't succumb to the greed like Bethesda have.
I totally agree. It seems A-hole gamers are drawn to multi-player. I tried it with L4D years ago and learned real quick that I was better at plotting somebody's murder than I thought I'd be lol!

Co-op is great when playing with a friend tho. I built my little boy a gaming PC and we started playing BL2 co-op and logged about 100 hours doing it. We also played L4D but not as much. Dead Space 3 was fun for co-op as well but I'm biased because Dead Space are right there up top as my favorite games of all time, 2nd only to Doom (PS1 version) and Mass Effect (which are tied for 1st)...my list is complicated lol