Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 23-02-19, 10:49 AM
News Guru

Metro Exodus' DLSS Receives A Massive Quality Boost - Graphical Quality Tested

The game now looks much sharper with DLSS enabled. Click the link to see some before and after screenshots.

Read more about Metro Exodus' improved implementation of DLSS.

Old 23-02-19, 11:27 AM
OC3D Crew

This is brilliant imo.

As a 2080 owner it's really pleasing to see how much DLSS can be improved!

Here's to many more updates making it better and better!
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 23-02-19, 06:03 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
This is brilliant imo.

As a 2080 owner it's really pleasing to see how much DLSS can be improved!

Here's to many more updates making it better and better!
Lots of comments on Facebook are very dismissive. Yes, the quality is not as good as native 4K, but my goodness it is close enough to be worth the performance increase.

Ever since DLSS was announced I have said that if fake 4K, faux-K if you will, is good enough that I can't spot the difference when the game is in motion then I will be more than happy with it assuming there is a decent performance increase.

The images I have shown on page 2 of this are pretty good examples, showing a 1080p shot (main menu on the RTX 2060) and the distant bridge in the Volga map at 4K (the image is 1 20th of a 4K screen).
Old 23-02-19, 06:28 PM
Advanced Member

There seem to me to have been a vast improvement over as you put it DAY 1 implementation , may it continue for all of you 20 series owner
Old 23-02-19, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Lots of comments on Facebook are very dismissive. Yes, the quality is not as good as native 4K, but my goodness it is close enough to be worth the performance increase.

Ever since DLSS was announced I have said that if fake 4K, faux-K if you will, is good enough that I can't spot the difference when the game is in motion then I will be more than happy with it assuming there is a decent performance increase.

The images I have shown on page 2 of this are pretty good examples, showing a 1080p shot (main menu on the RTX 2060) and the distant bridge in the Volga map at 4K (the image is 1 20th of a 4K screen).
Hopefully they bring some of this improvement over to Battlefield V. I cannot use DLSS using 3440x1440 on there because the blurriness makes it too hard to make out enemy soldiers at a distance.
Old 23-02-19, 10:15 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
Hopefully they bring some of this improvement over to Battlefield V. I cannot use DLSS using 3440x1440 on there because the blurriness makes it too hard to make out enemy soldiers at a distance.
I'm sure it will be updated over time. DICE's implementation of RTX ray tracing has changed a lot since it was first introduced. I'd imagine that DLSS will also undergo similar changes.

TBH, I think that Nvidia rushed a little to add these features into Metro and Battlefield, get them both out there before the non-RTX turning cards landed.
Old 24-02-19, 06:22 AM

How's the sharpness and aliasing in motion with native 4K vs DLSS vs 4K w/AA?
Old 24-02-19, 10:50 AM
OC3D Crew

Worth noting initial implementations of DLSS didn't have trained data for all resolutions & aspect ratios, while data from "different" resolutions and such still works, you'll get more error in the results which presents itself as blurryness(All neural networks have error at all times but they're generally trained for less than 97-99.98% depending on application), so for 1440p ultrawide you'll probably want to wait for updates to Battlefield as they do acknowledge these problems and have expanded their training data set/resolutions to better capture a wide range, I think initial training implementations were all done on 4K 16:9 exclusively.
Old 24-02-19, 12:31 PM
OC3D Elite

You need to add these DLSS updates to your main review.

Perhaps add an update to it and show DLSS ON before and after.
Old 24-02-19, 02:04 PM
OC3D Crew

I was surprised to learn that RTX can be used differently in game to apply different effects.

I'm really hopeful for RTX and DLSS and am starting to genuinely be happy with my 2080 purchase after being a little on the fence after first getting it.

Metro also looks insanely good so plan to grab it at some point.
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT