Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 20-02-19, 08:16 AM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 14,828
Intel Prepares their First 4GHz Pentium - Meet the Pentium Gold G5620

Intel has a new top-tier Pentium processor.



Read more about Intel's first 4GHz Pentium processor.

__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20-02-19, 10:54 AM
Piskeante Piskeante is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 52
No overclock? no fun.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 20-02-19, 11:19 AM
m00nlightsh4d0w m00nlightsh4d0w is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1
Csgo

How well would these Pentiums run CS:GO ?

Obviously I'm asking because CS:GO isn't very good at running multicore and my friend wants to play it on low budget. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20-02-19, 12:12 PM
tgrech tgrech is online now
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 876

This one could perform about 10% better so it should be close to R2200G at stock in minimums I'd say check prices of all 3 models and see how you feel the benefits stack up against the extra cost with your budget.

If the R2200G isn't much more and the motherboards are about the same I'd definitely consider that as the go to option for better performance in more modern games thanks to the full 4 cores, overclockability & future upgradability.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 20-02-19, 12:19 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,386
Ryzen have a decent GPU, though. So I would say it all depends on the GPU side, because people buying these use it.
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 21-02-19, 03:54 PM
looz's Avatar
looz looz is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00nlightsh4d0w View Post
How well would these Pentiums run CS:GO ?

Obviously I'm asking because CS:GO isn't very good at running multicore and my friend wants to play it on low budget. Thanks in advance.
Not too well, CS:GO can occasionally choke on 4 actual cores nowdays due to more resource intensive sounds (HRTF) and hitbubbles.

I'd probably seek a i7-8700 for just CS:GO. It can suck up to 90% CPU usage even with an overclocked 8700k, but that happens at quite high framerates.

Oh and I consider most CS:GO benchmarks flawed since they use a workshop map - actual 128tick servers are more demanding, especially when teams stack nades etc.
__________________
i7 8700k - 16GB - 2060 FE - 512GB 970 & 850 EVO - AKG K702
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 21-02-19, 04:46 PM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 4,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00nlightsh4d0w View Post
How well would these Pentiums run CS:GO ?

Obviously I'm asking because CS:GO isn't very good at running multicore and my friend wants to play it on low budget. Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by looz View Post
Not too well, CS:GO can occasionally choke on 4 actual cores nowdays due to more resource intensive sounds (HRTF) and hitbubbles.

I'd probably seek a i7-8700 for just CS:GO. It can suck up to 90% CPU usage even with an overclocked 8700k, but that happens at quite high framerates.

Oh and I consider most CS:GO benchmarks flawed since they use a workshop map - actual 128tick servers are more demanding, especially when teams stack nades etc.
So what? If I've understood your posts correctly, it is then basically better to run a dual core with CS:GO?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 21-02-19, 04:55 PM
looz's Avatar
looz looz is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,320
No, absolutely not. 4 cores used to be the way to go for CS for the longest time but nowadays you probably want 6.
But there's an alternative to classic fps_max 300 and trying to stay there tactic in CS - using free/g-sync and capping to slightly under monitor's refresh rate. In that case even Ryzen should work fine, with decent memory.
__________________
i7 8700k - 16GB - 2060 FE - 512GB 970 & 850 EVO - AKG K702
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 22-02-19, 08:37 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
So what? If I've understood your posts correctly, it is then basically better to run a dual core with CS:GO?
He's saying that the additional CS GO features put a higher strain on the CPU now.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 06:22 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.