Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 19-02-19, 07:38 PM
News Guru

Saber Interactive Drops World War Z's Pricing Thanks to Epic Games' Boosted Revenue S

Lower pricing? That's Epic!

Read more about Saber Interactive lowering the price of World War Z on PC.

Old 19-02-19, 09:53 PM
AMD Enthusiast

So is this now an Epic Games exclusive? The article had conflicting or at least confusing statements on if it was or not.
Old 19-02-19, 10:24 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
So is this now an Epic Games exclusive? The article had conflicting or at least confusing statements on if it was or not.
It has been since the store launched. The game was on Steam for a bit but never available for sale.
Old 19-02-19, 11:50 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Well I doubt it'll sell well. People are just so reluctant of change and would rather have a monopoly.
Old 20-02-19, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Well I doubt it'll sell well. People are just so reluctant of change and would rather have a monopoly.
True and I'm talking about myself as well. I want all my games/achievements/savegames/friends in ONE place, no scattered around.

At least in Apex Legends, you can link your Steam Account and the Blizzard-App allows Facebook linking...
Old 20-02-19, 09:37 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
The sad state of gaming today with so many obsessed with Steam. The steamaholics are really holding back progress
Old 20-02-19, 10:01 AM
OC3D Crew

To be fair, no games seem to have actually had a negative sales impact as a result of being on the Epic store so far.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/ubisoft-e...ore-exclusive/

"Gaming enthusiasts" who spend their time screaming about petty stuff online love to think they're in the majority or have some influence, but gaming is far too popular nowadays for these small vocal online communities to actually mean anything in the grand scheme of things, at least beyond indie titles and stuff.
Old 20-02-19, 10:12 AM
News Guru

It will be interesting to see how thing go for the Epic Games exclusives. TBH I think the Epic Games haters/Steam only PC gamers are a minority.

Most PC gamers I know in real life shop around and get games on the storefront that has the best deals. Many prefer Steam, but most of them are happy to use Uplay, GOG and Origin if they need to. The same will apply to the Epic Games Store, especially if it gets better over time with cloud saves and proper pre-loads.
Old 20-02-19, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
The sad state of gaming today with so many obsessed with Steam. The steamaholics are really holding back progress

Not sure what progress has been made by other services up until today oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
It will be interesting to see how thing go for the Epic Games exclusives. TBH I think the Epic Games haters/Steam only PC gamers are a minority.

Most PC gamers I know in real life shop around and get games on the storefront that has the best deals. Many prefer Steam, but most of them are happy to use Uplay, GOG and Origin if they need to. The same will apply to the Epic Games Store, especially if it gets better over time with cloud saves and proper pre-loads.
I rarely use Steam's storefront, because you can get pretty much every game for a cheaper price at some reseller.

Now, I am not an Epic Games hater, but I DO hate that I have to install yet another storefront... If the other competitors were as far as Steam is nowadays, things would be fine, but to have to deal with Blizzard's inferior app, Origin and Uplay as well as Steam itself, is a pita already... Origin is the closest to steam, imho and Uplay has some nice additions as well, like the Coins/Points you get for getting achievements that you can actually invest in more content or desktop wallpapers etc.
Old 20-02-19, 12:35 PM
OC3D Crew

I don't mind extra launchers/store fronts as long as they're light, I think stuff like Discord already handles many of the social & communication aspects and stuff much better & its cross-platform.