Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 16-02-19, 06:49 PM
News Guru

AMD's Ryzen 3rd Generation CPUs to Reportedly Launch in July

Navi and Ryzen 3rd Gen will be AMD's Highlights of Computex 2019.

Read more about AMD's Ryzen 3rd Generation CPU rumours.

Old 17-02-19, 02:32 AM

My body is ready. I've been debating if I should upgrade from my good old 2500k @4.7 GHz and Zen 2 might be worth it.
Old 17-02-19, 03:20 AM
OC3D Elite

Hey Mark they're also pushing TSMC hard to get the Navi GPU's ready as they still want to try and launch all their products at the same time of July 7th as the CPU's and boards were supposed to come out around April.
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 17-02-19, 06:34 AM

I'm on a 2500k atm upgrading to Ryzen 1700 while the 3000 series chips will be very nice the first gen prices are just too good for me to turn down. As for the 3000 series I'm hearing nothing but good things with Ryzen 9 chips basically more cores and shifted the stack but I heard due to power reasons the 9 chips will only work on X570.

16/32 will be the new peak on Ryzen, I think amd are doing really well atm and the prices are aggressive the only long term issue I see unless your a video encoded-er is what to to with all these cores

Still I can get my upgrade done in a few weeks just need ram atm.
Old 17-02-19, 07:25 AM
OC3D Crew

I'm game! I'm so done with Intel and their greedy tricks to make me upgrade
Old 17-02-19, 07:42 AM

I wanted to support AMD this time around since they are innovating we have real competition in the market again and if they continue to do as they are atm I won't be going back to Intel any time soon. I get it they sat back and waited they did the smart thing biz wise but by doing that they left the door wide open for amd to catch up.

Ok so my 1700 chip isn't the latest and greatest but I will be happy for a few years and once Ryzen and AM4 and bios's are all done with I will upgrade to the best chip I can at a good price for me it's win win.

My next issue is future gpu's atm my sli 970's are fine no real need yet but at some point I am hoping amd will bring the goods and maybe the next set of cards may be really worth it we'll see.
Old 17-02-19, 11:17 AM

I am so excited for this to come out. Can't wait to get away from Intel and my superhot 7700k.
Old 17-02-19, 04:20 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
Hey Mark they're also pushing TSMC hard to get the Navi GPU's ready as they still want to try and launch all their products at the same time of July 7th as the CPU's and boards were supposed to come out around April.
Not so sure about the " CPU's and boards were supposed to come out around April", as all of AMD's indications so far have pointed to mid-2019, which should mean a late Q2 or early Q3 timeframe.

That said, boards could easily be ready well in advance. With Zen 2, AMD wants to release their server products as soon as possible, as it gives AMD an advantage for the longest possible time in a growing market, at least until Intel starts launching 10nm server products.

TBH Zen 2 will probably be one of the most exciting launches of this year.
Old 17-02-19, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNosser View Post
I wanted to support AMD this time around since they are innovating we have real competition in the market again and if they continue to do as they are atm I won't be going back to Intel any time soon. I get it they sat back and waited they did the smart thing biz wise but by doing that they left the door wide open for amd to catch up.

Ok so my 1700 chip isn't the latest and greatest but I will be happy for a few years and once Ryzen and AM4 and bios's are all done with I will upgrade to the best chip I can at a good price for me it's win win.

My next issue is future gpu's atm my sli 970's are fine no real need yet but at some point I am hoping amd will bring the goods and maybe the next set of cards may be really worth it we'll see.
Did you have your 2500k overclocked? What performance gains did you notice with that upgrade (games, multi-tasking, day-to-day use...)?
Cheers
Old 17-02-19, 07:03 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Not so sure about the " CPU's and boards were supposed to come out around April", as all of AMD's indications so far have pointed to mid-2019, which should mean a late Q2 or early Q3 timeframe.

That said, boards could easily be ready well in advance. With Zen 2, AMD wants to release their server products as soon as possible, as it gives AMD an advantage for the longest possible time in a growing market, at least until Intel starts launching 10nm server products.

TBH Zen 2 will probably be one of the most exciting launches of this year.
Well that was one of the rumours that I'd heard, one of the others is that Intel's 10nm is delayed further with no significant launches till 2020 so this is going to be AMD's year, and I totally agree with you it's going to be pretty exciting
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE