Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 13-02-19, 03:24 PM
News Guru

Nvidia Launches Geforce 418.91 Drivers for Metro Exodus and Battlefield V with DLSS

This driver is also ideal for Crackdown 3, Anthem Early Access and Far Cry New Dawn.

Read more about Nvidia's Geforce 418.91 Drivers for Metro Exodus and Battlefield V with DLSS.

Old 14-02-19, 09:00 AM

Blurry As...

Well I certainly didn't expect DLSS to look much blurrier than TAA.... Boy was I wrong, DLSS looks much worse. Failed technology (at this point at least).
Old 14-02-19, 10:46 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark12000 View Post
Well I certainly didn't expect DLSS to look much blurrier than TAA.... Boy was I wrong, DLSS looks much worse. Failed technology (at this point at least).
I do wonder though if its just metro we see it. Or has it been confirmed as the same problem in BFV?

edit* Johnny Guru confirmed in his updated review of DLSS in BFV that is is blurry there too.
Old 15-02-19, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
I do wonder though if its just metro we see it. Or has it been confirmed as the same problem in BFV?

edit* Johnny Guru confirmed in his updated review of DLSS in BFV that is is blurry there too.
Yeah BFV looks pretty terrible too.
Old 15-02-19, 07:48 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Such a shame as it was one of the reasons I was most excited about owning a 2080 card.

Luckily I updated for the extra grunt too so not all is lost but still a bit of a disappointment given how good the FF XV benchmark seemed to look
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS RoG Gene VIII, Intel i5 6600K 4.5Ghz, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Kingston Hyper X Fury 480GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Corsair AX760w
Old 15-02-19, 10:58 AM
OC3D Crew

DLSS is no joke. I'm running BFV at 1440 on Ultra, DXR on low. Beforehand I'd get about 50-60fps, now I'm 90+

Doesn't look noticeably different when playing.

It's the very first public implementation in a game too so it'll get better as driver support improves I think.
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 15-02-19, 11:01 AM
OC3D Crew

If it's anything like BF1 I guess your screen is so full of digital dirt and blur effects and distortions and stuff half the time on default settings that it doesn't make a massive difference. (I do really enjoy the visual overload of BF1 though much better than the vaseline suppression of BF3/4)
Old 15-02-19, 11:30 AM
OC3D Elite

Blur makes me sick. Like, literally sick. I have to disable it as much as I can. Motion blur in games makes me go boss eyed if I look at it.

I did see a vid on YT the other day calling out DLSS but typically I can't find the link now.

Old 15-02-19, 12:15 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
DLSS is no joke. I'm running BFV at 1440 on Ultra, DXR on low. Beforehand I'd get about 50-60fps, now I'm 90+

Doesn't look noticeably different when playing.

It's the very first public implementation in a game too so it'll get better as driver support improves I think.
Not sure if we have seen the same resolutions then.

I saw first hand DLSS @ 4k with BFV and the blurry effect is terrible. Not sure how you don't see it. It literally is night and day when I compare it off and on. I do hope driver support improves this though. It is the first iteration as you say, so lets hope
Old 15-02-19, 12:31 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Not sure if we have seen the same resolutions then.

I saw first hand DLSS @ 4k with BFV and the blurry effect is terrible. Not sure how you don't see it. It literally is night and day when I compare it off and on. I do hope driver support improves this though. It is the first iteration as you say, so lets hope
From what I understand about DLSS so far (and no, I have not read every tech doc word for word) is that it cuts image quality where not "needed" to increase the FPS.

This has happened before. I can't remember who was guilty of it (but I am thinking AMD, around 2005?) and it did have a notable difference in image quality. It did, however, increase FPS and at least DLSS is optional, right?

So I guess it depends on your needs. Sounds like something that would benefit multi player games before but I would gladly take a cut in FPS for better imagine quality. I mean, that was part of why I loved Last Light so much because it was so damn realistic and scary.

I've also read that even if you disable all aliasing DLSS will still be faster. I would imagine again, because it cuts image quality where "needed" to deliver higher FPS.