Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 12-02-19, 09:31 AM
News Guru

Apex Legends Surpasses 25 million players in a week

The game reached 2 million concurrent players over the weekend.

Read more about Apex Legend's surpassing 25 million players in its first week.

Old 12-02-19, 09:37 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
I have to say, as someone who doesn't really love BR games. I've really enjoyed this. Got a lot of time for Respawn given the Titanfall series
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS RoG Gene VIII, Intel i5 6600K 4.5Ghz, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Kingston Hyper X Fury 480GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Corsair AX760w
Old 12-02-19, 09:54 AM
Advanced Member

... and it's in dire need of patches! Most of which I would've expected over the last days... From infinite Lifeline Ultimates to massive performance issues even on a GTX780...

Still an awesome start for something that was not teased even once.

I think it's on par with BO4's Blackout mode. Both are different and earn their own rightful place. You can't compare them, imho, because of the major differences.
Old 12-02-19, 11:52 AM
OC3D Elite

Couldnt get into. I won my first and 3rd game with teams of plebs (me included) but I just can't see where the enjoyment is. It feels like it promotes camping, which in the days of the twitch shooters was heavily frowned upon and classed as skill less.

Even with the reducing area, I could see nothing but people sniping from spots. I was doing it also because it made it so damn easy to consistently finish in the top 3. Uninstalled it after 1 hour. Guess I'm more of a Division shooter.
Old 12-02-19, 04:24 PM

You need to play it more than just 3 rounds.. also play with friends and its much more enjoyable.
Old 12-02-19, 08:48 PM
AMD Enthusiast

It's pretty good on console tbh. Only issue on console is the start of some games are very laggy. It goes away after 2 minutes usually

As for the game mechanics my only issue is the balance of guns needs more work.
Old 13-02-19, 12:16 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
It's pretty good on console tbh. Only issue on console is the start of some games are very laggy. It goes away after 2 minutes usually

As for the game mechanics my only issue is the balance of guns needs more work.
SR need a heavy nerf. My god, its such easy mode when you have one. If its going to hit hard, they need to slow down the reload speed.
Old 13-02-19, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Couldnt get into. I won my first and 3rd game with teams of plebs (me included) but I just can't see where the enjoyment is. It feels like it promotes camping, which in the days of the twitch shooters was heavily frowned upon and classed as skill less.

Even with the reducing area, I could see nothing but people sniping from spots. I was doing it also because it made it so damn easy to consistently finish in the top 3. Uninstalled it after 1 hour. Guess I'm more of a Division shooter.
Watch Dr Disrespect play on stream, super aggressive and they win every match. I don't usually like BR games but I really like this one. Really good for version 1.0.
Old 13-02-19, 01:36 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
SR need a heavy nerf. My god, its such easy mode when you have one. If its going to hit hard, they need to slow down the reload speed.
They suck tbh. Hardly any damage. Longbow is the only reliable SR imo, but you need the mod for it. The kraber is amazing but rare to get.

Personally I run really only 3 guns: Wingman, Devotion, and Peacekeeper. All the mods for them and they are so deadly. I just run with whatever I find first. If find the Kraber or mastiff, I drop the wingman always for a kraber or the peacekeeper for the mastiff(which hits as hard as the kraber)
Old 13-02-19, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
They suck tbh. Hardly any damage. Longbow is the only reliable SR imo, but you need the mod for it. The kraber is amazing but rare to get.

Personally I run really only 3 guns: Wingman, Devotion, and Peacekeeper. All the mods for them and they are so deadly. I just run with whatever I find first. If find the Kraber or mastiff, I drop the wingman always for a kraber or the peacekeeper for the mastiff(which hits as hard as the kraber)
What's the worst, I vote Mozambique, triple barrel shotgun? More like air blower.