Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 06-02-19, 05:08 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 14,359
Assassin's Creed III Remastered Comparison Trailer Unleashed - Release Date Revealed

Are you ready for another look at the American Revolution?



Read more about Assassin's Creed III Remastered.

__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-02-19, 08:17 PM
TheF34RChannel's Avatar
TheF34RChannel TheF34RChannel is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,078
What I don't understand is why they chose the worst voted title for a remaster. I did like the original though.
__________________
Asus Z370 MXH | 8700K 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 | G.Skill Trident Z 3333MHz CL16 16GB | Asus GTX 1080 Strix | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Crucial MX200 500 GB | Acer XB270HU 1440p | Win10 Pro x64
We call ourselves legion, for many we be. So hand me your kingdom, I'll take it from here. And dare no one break from, my circles of fear

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-02-19, 08:19 PM
Linchpin Linchpin is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 48
It's set during and just after the American Revolution not the Civil War. Might wanna fix that subheading.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-02-19, 08:26 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Middle-Earth
Posts: 15,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheF34RChannel View Post
What I don't understand is why they chose the worst voted title for a remaster. I did like the original though.
Because the games before have all been remastered already except 1
__________________
The Cost of Freedom -
"A price payed gladly, in the hopes that the free, live better."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-02-19, 09:21 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 14,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
It's set during and just after the American Revolution not the Civil War. Might wanna fix that subheading.
Fixed, though I will note that one could consider it a Civil War, as it was Americans who wanted to be Independent VS Americans who wanted to be British (+ the actual British).
__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-02-19, 09:36 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Middle-Earth
Posts: 15,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Fixed, though I will note that one could consider it a Civil War, as it was Americans who wanted to be Independent VS Americans who wanted to be British (+ the actual British).
The American Revolution is unique in that it can be considered both depending on viewpoints and/or definition of Revolution/Civil War. Though during the actual time period of the Revolution occurring it was referred to as a Civil War but a man started to referring to is a Revolutionary War(forgot his name) and the name stuck, but modern historians have agreed to refer to it as a Revolution war, at least in the US afaik.
__________________
The Cost of Freedom -
"A price payed gladly, in the hopes that the free, live better."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-02-19, 09:38 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 14,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
The American Revolution is unique in that it can be considered both depending on viewpoints and/or definition of Revolution/Civil War. Though during the actual time period of the Revolution occurring it was referred to as a Civil War but a man started to referring to is a Revolutionary War(forgot his name) and the name stuck, but modern historians have agreed to refer to it as a Revolution war, at least in the US afaik.
I'm fully aware, I'm just being silly. Let's just hope that Amerca doesn't have another Civil war. I bet it would be called "Civil War 2: The Reckoning".
__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-02-19, 09:38 PM
ImprovizoR's Avatar
ImprovizoR ImprovizoR is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 407
It looks cool. But the main problem with AC3 was the gameplay and very poor mission design. Hopefully we'll see a remake of Black Flag next. I'll buy that in a heartbeat.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-02-19, 09:41 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Middle-Earth
Posts: 15,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
I'm fully aware, I'm just being silly. Let's just hope that Amerca doesn't have another Civil war. I bet it would be "Called Civil War 2: The Reckoning".
Oh well then that went over my head lol
I wouldn't mind another Civil War. It would be called "Civil War 2: People without weapons VS People with weapons" or alternatively an older running US joke, "Everybody vs Texas"
__________________
The Cost of Freedom -
"A price payed gladly, in the hopes that the free, live better."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-02-19, 09:54 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 4,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
I'm fully aware, I'm just being silly. Let's just hope that Amerca doesn't have another Civil war. I bet it would be called "Civil War 2: The Reckoning".
Civil War 2: The Trump Tantrum.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 05:37 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.