Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 06-02-19, 02:59 PM
News Guru

Battlefield V didn't meet sales expectations despite 7.3 million sales

EA blames their prioritisation of the game's single-player as a reason for lower game sales.

Read more about Battlefield V's sales failing to meet EA's expectations.

Old 06-02-19, 03:03 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
I really don't understand the hate for BFV.

Yes there are some bugs which definitely need fixing but imo this game is far far superior to the awful game that was BF1 and let's not even talk about Hardline...

I've been really enjoying it and the tides of war challenges keep me coming back to earn a free weapon unlock etc.
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS RoG Gene VIII, Intel i5 6600K 4.5Ghz, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Kingston Hyper X Fury 480GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Corsair AX760w
Old 06-02-19, 03:05 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
EA blames their prioritisation of the game's single-player as a reason for lower game sales.

Read more about Battlefield V's sales failing to meet EA's expectations.
haha they're talking borrox.

RTX is why it did not sell, as they focussed too much on that and 99% of their buyers don't have it.

Old 06-02-19, 03:28 PM
OC3D Crew

RTX has little to do with BFVs sales, most pre-orders went in many months before RTX was even a known thing with this title, RTX was shoehorned in fairly late likely due to big payouts from NVidia & 99.9% of BFVs audience wouldn't have even had an RTX compatible card(RTX cards are still well below 0.25% on the Steam survey and that's after them being out for like 5 months), it's pretty irrelevant.

I expect the reason it didn't meet expectations is partly because BF1 set them quite high with respect to sales, and that it was said to be fairly light on content around launch, with much of the games content coming later, when the game is likely to be cheaper, so I expect many people are just waiting for the first big content patches(I know myself and many other fans of past Battlefield games are in this boat). I thoroughly enjoyed 3, 4 & 1, 1 had a very different feel but it was quite nice being able to go one-man-army mode and had much more atmosphere.

Check out my latest piece of commissioned work: http://ehenleyshutters.com/novo-in-black/
[It's a company page not run by me, I just did the electronics & software design work]
Old 06-02-19, 03:49 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
haha they're talking borrox.

RTX is why it did not sell, as they focussed too much on that and 99% of their buyers don't have it.
Yeah, because RTX really stopped all those Xbox One and PS4 sales...

I think a lot of this comes down to Fortnite and Black Ops 4 eating away at its potential playerbase. Lots of people want Battle Royale and EA was not able to deliver. The lack of Tides of war at launch didn't help matters either.
Old 06-02-19, 03:52 PM
OC3D Elite

Battle royal is the reason. Had that been there at launch then it would succeed. This is where DICE could have such a great advantage over everyone with their destructible realistic environment, artillery and atmosphere.

Lets face it, a battle royal with realism would be fantastic. And their engine already handles such high player counts.
Old 06-02-19, 03:56 PM
OC3D Crew

I can only speak for myself, but I don't buy Battlefield games outside of a deep, deep sale precisely because of the lack of focus on single-player. Their attempts at single-player have been fun to play ever since Bad Company, but they've never really given enough content to warrant standard retail pricing. I've only just bought BF1 which is fun so far, but I doubt I'll replay it once I've finished the War Stories once.

If they want to go back to focusing almost exclusively on multiplayer then more power to them, but the series will go the same way as Call of Duty did with Black Ops 4 for me; no campaign, no buy.
Old 06-02-19, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSK View Post
I really don't understand the hate for BFV.

Yes there are some bugs which definitely need fixing but imo this game is far far superior to the awful game that was BF1 and let's not even talk about Hardline...

I've been really enjoying it and the tides of war challenges keep me coming back to earn a free weapon unlock etc.
The problem with BFV is that it's a re-skinned BF1, with next to nothing new brought to the table on launch.. it was literally half a game

Dial back to launching a game every 2 years, release a full game, watch it perform well. Stop raping DICE
Old 06-02-19, 04:31 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggyolly View Post
The problem with BFV is that it's a re-skinned BF1, with next to nothing new brought to the table on launch.. it was literally half a game

Dial back to launching a game every 2 years, release a full game, watch it perform well. Stop raping DICE
The release cycle hasn't changed, BFV was 2 years after BF1 like the previous main games, BFV actually had a longer development cycle than 3, 4 of 1 from what I heard. Apparently quite a lot under the hood did change though, and the engine/movement feels completely different, which is why they had to start fresh with the content. I know most of the models and all the animations amongst other stuff was redone, it might look loosely like BF1 (Though the art style has changed notably) but it's quite far from a reskin nor is that really a criticism from many.

Check out my latest piece of commissioned work: http://ehenleyshutters.com/novo-in-black/
[It's a company page not run by me, I just did the electronics & software design work]
Old 06-02-19, 04:40 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Yeah, because RTX really stopped all those Xbox One and PS4 sales...

I think a lot of this comes down to Fortnite and Black Ops 4 eating away at its potential playerbase. Lots of people want Battle Royale and EA was not able to deliver. The lack of Tides of war at launch didn't help matters either.
Well I did mean on PC...

I think a lot of people are just "Battlefielded out" dude tbh. There is only so many sequels users can stand.

I don't know where imagination has gone, tbh. Every game these days follows two decade old ideas and so on. I know there's the Indie scene, but I'm talking about games like Half Life and so on.

I must admit I am rather enjoying Prey. I like the styling etc.

I mean really, are the devs really that afraid of showing any imagination? or are they all petrified into making sequel after sequel. Why is every one so afraid to start a new game and so on? just doesn't make any sense.