Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 16-01-19, 02:34 PM
News Guru

EA Reportedly Cancels Star Wars Open World Game

Project Orca is no more.

Read more about EA cancelling their open-world Star Wars project.

Old 16-01-19, 03:25 PM
Resident Newb

A few things need to happen -

1. The Star Wars license needs to be taken off EA.

2. EA needs to be shut down and all CEO's, Execs, Fat cats etc... need to be put in a floating prison out in the middle of the Pacific ocean and then sunk as a warning to any other scumbags.

3. The Star Wars IP needs to be taken off Disney as they are ruining it.

4. An independent publisher/studio needs to be created that is staffed and run exclusively by passionate Star Wars nerds and the rights of all Star Wars games given to them with a clause stating if any game is monetized in anyway other than the initial fee of the game all employees will face a 100 Million dollar fine each, No microtransations, Only full on paid expansion packs that must be at the very least half the size of the original game, The only multiplayer allowed is online co-op and local co-op.

Right now EA and Disney are ruining Star Wars, The movies have way too much social politics mixed in and the games are just pathetic cash grabs.

Old 16-01-19, 03:45 PM

Disney is OK, but JJ Abrams should be tied up, covered with cous cous and sent to the Talibans.
Old 16-01-19, 03:49 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
Disney is OK, but JJ Abrams should be tied up, covered with cous cous and sent to the Talibans.

My desk thanks you for the coffee it received XD

Old 16-01-19, 03:52 PM
News Guru

Disney is doing fine. Rebels turned out pretty good after the first season and they are bringing back Clone Wars. Some of the books are also pretty good (the 1st new Thrawn book and Bloodline especially).

I'm, fine with Episode 8, though that doesn't mean that I wouldn't change a lot of it if given the option.

Game-wise, Disney needed to get EA to focus on single-player games from the start, something that could add to the Star Wars universe a little. Multi-player games don't impress me as a star wars fan. I played Battlefront II's single player and that's it. The Multiplayer is of no interest to me long-term.
Old 16-01-19, 04:37 PM
AMD Enthusiast

This game has been started and stopped so many times I lost count

As for Disney, no they are not doing fine. Greedy a holes. The new Vader fan film by Star Wars Theory which he funded entirely himself to avoid legal issues, got claimed by White Chapel and now they are making money off his own work. All this after telling him he could do it if he paid for it himself.
They are mad because he made a better story with $100k than they could with $100 million
Old 16-01-19, 05:09 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Disney is doing fine. Rebels turned out pretty good after the first season and they are bringing back Clone Wars. Some of the books are also pretty good (the 1st new Thrawn book and Bloodline especially).

I'm, fine with Episode 8, though that doesn't mean that I wouldn't change a lot of it if given the option.

Game-wise, Disney needed to get EA to focus on single-player games from the start, something that could add to the Star Wars universe a little. Multi-player games don't impress me as a star wars fan. I played Battlefront II's single player and that's it. The Multiplayer is of no interest to me long-term.

Have to disagree, Disney has ruined Star Wars, They have allowed way too much modern social and racial politics to be injected by the directors, Writers and producers, Even Kathleen Kennedy blamed all "white men" for Solo not being a HUGE success because it was kind of bland and also said she doesn't have to cater to men, Not forgetting to mention the plethora of press people complaining that Lucasfilm, Owned by Disney, Has "Too many white people employed" which in itself is an utterly disgusting thing to say, The Star Wars movie IP is being ruined by racial and social politics which in turn is ruining any chance of future films actually being good.

Old 16-01-19, 06:16 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Ironic how a universe about political and social issues that has many parallels,symbolism, and methaphoric meanings, to modern society is being hated against because of the same meanings in today's world lol

Even though it's true, they have ruined SW. To declare everything pre dating the Disney purchase, non-cannon, is absurd. They basically erased over 1000 books and stories non cannon because they can. Kinda funny how you can draw a parallel to the Sith erasing the Jedi order in RotS and burning the entire Jedi Library/Archive to the ground. Makes you wonder who the real sith is...
Old 16-01-19, 06:23 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Ironic how a universe about political and social issues that has many parallels,symbolism, and methaphoric meanings, to modern society is being hated against because of the same meanings in today's world lol

Even though it's true, they have ruined SW. To declare everything pre dating the Disney purchase, non-cannon, is absurd. They basically erased over 1000 books and stories non cannon because they can. Kinda funny how you can draw a parallel to the Sith erasing the Jedi order in RotS and burning the entire Jedi Library/Archive to the ground. Makes you wonder who the real sith is...

From my own life experience the Sith are real, They just go by different names i.e Liberals, SJW's etc... "what we don't like we will destroy".

Old 16-01-19, 06:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
A few things need to happen -

1. The Star Wars license needs to be taken off EA.

2. EA needs to be shut down and all CEO's, Execs, Fat cats etc... need to be put in a floating prison out in the middle of the Pacific ocean and then sunk as a warning to any other scumbags.

3. The Star Wars IP needs to be taken off Disney as they are ruining it.

4. An independent publisher/studio needs to be created that is staffed and run exclusively by passionate Star Wars nerds and the rights of all Star Wars games given to them with a clause stating if any game is monetized in anyway other than the initial fee of the game all employees will face a 100 Million dollar fine each, No microtransations, Only full on paid expansion packs that must be at the very least half the size of the original game, The only multiplayer allowed is online co-op and local co-op.

Right now EA and Disney are ruining Star Wars, The movies have way too much social politics mixed in and the games are just pathetic cash grabs.
I agree. Now if someone in the US was willing to run for POTUS on this platform that would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
From my own life experience the Sith are real, They just go by different names i.e Liberals, SJW's etc... "what we don't like we will destroy".
Lol, then you're not really getting who the bad guys in Star Wars tend to represent. It's kinda so blatantly obvious that even those people know and often criticize and hate Star Wars for that. I don't know why anyone thinks that it's a new development and that somehow Star Wars has changed. The same thing happened back in the days of the original trilogy. Star Wars was criticized by the same sociopolitical group for largely the same reasons.