Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 16-01-19, 01:57 PM
News Guru

Gigabyte Announces their AORUS AD27QD Tactical Gaming Monitor

Gigabyte is entering the Gaming Monitor Market.

Read more about Gigabyte's AORUS AD27QD Tactical Gaming monitor.

Old 18-01-19, 06:24 AM
Advanced Member

Not sure why everyone sees the need to create a monitor this time around.

Also, this game assist software should be forbidden! This is cheating in some games! Sadly, it's not trackable, I guess, so VAC and the Blizzard-Team will have no chance to validate....
Old 18-01-19, 08:30 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Ð View Post
Not sure why everyone sees the need to create a monitor this time around.

Also, this game assist software should be forbidden! This is cheating in some games! Sadly, it's not trackable, I guess, so VAC and the Blizzard-Team will have no chance to validate....
Well every mouse and keyboard that uses a macro is against EULA so lets forbid these too. In fact any keybind you set to repeat (common in blizzard games) is forbidden.

It's pointless fighting manufacturers to stop this. Unless you are stupid like Dell advertising their laptops to be capable of running more "cheat DLLs" for fortnite and pubg, then you can fight back. Yep, they actually did that
Old 18-01-19, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Well every mouse and keyboard that uses a macro is against EULA so lets forbid these too. In fact any keybind you set to repeat (common in blizzard games) is forbidden.

It's pointless fighting manufacturers to stop this. Unless you are stupid like Dell advertising their laptops to be capable of running more "cheat DLLs" for fortnite and pubg, then you can fight back. Yep, they actually did that
That's true, but I think there is a slight difference between repeated keystrokes and adding a crosshair or even showing you on screen where footsteps come from (that's what ASUS does).

Also, big LOL to Dell !!
Old 18-01-19, 11:36 AM
OC3D Crew

If it's only DisplayHDR400 certified then it might not reach the minimum specifications for FreeSync2 validation, which I think includes a minimum luminance of 500 nits.
I don't think the game assist stuff is actually that useful or particularly cheaty, you can make dark areas of most games brighter with some settings tweaks or just a better monitor if that's an advantage & the screen crosshair stuff is something anyone can do with a bit of blu tac.

Check out my latest piece of commissioned work: http://ehenleyshutters.com/novo-in-black/
[It's a company page not run by me, I just did the electronics & software design work]