Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 08-01-19, 05:44 PM
News Guru

EVGA Launches their NU-Audio Audiophile-grade Sound Card

Yes, it has RGB.

Read more about EVGA's NU Audio Audiophile-grade soundcard.

Old 08-01-19, 06:06 PM
AMD Enthusiast

More software to be installed and more interfaces. It's getting pretty annoying now with every new thing requiring it's own GUI. I'd rather just stick with an external dac/amp and install a driver then never look at it again
Old 08-01-19, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
More software to be installed and more interfaces. It's getting pretty annoying now with every new thing requiring it's own GUI. I'd rather just stick with an external dac/amp and install a driver then never look at it again
I think this product fits a VERY niche crowd.... I mean its like you said: I myself use my soundbar and sub setup for audio and it plays wonderfully on the audio that is on my MSI board.

I wouldn't fiddle with the software of this addon card very often if ever and even if I did I don't think this would sound any better then my current method of letting the onboard audio chip on the mobo work.

This just seems like an idea that could work just have to go back 10 years or more in time .__.
Old 08-01-19, 06:27 PM
OC3D Elite

Audio Note. My mind went blank for a moment, then I remembered who they are. They designed the valve amps the company I used to work for produced (Rogers UK, suppliers to the BBC).

EVGA haven't messed around with who they hired, this won't be cheap. At all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkdayzzz View Post
I think this product fits a VERY niche crowd.... I mean its like you said: I myself use my soundbar and sub setup for audio and it plays wonderfully on the audio that is on my MSI board.

I wouldn't fiddle with the software of this addon card very often if ever and even if I did I don't think this would sound any better then my current method of letting the onboard audio chip on the mobo work.

This just seems like an idea that could work just have to go back 10 years or more in time .__.

TBH the whole "head fi" movement has lost a lot of ground and companies are no longer smashing out amp after amp. I think every one got what they wanted, and are more than happy to stick with it.

I still run "off board" sound cards which is just my personal preference. You can't OPAMP swap a onboard.

I also like the different sound signatures the cards I run have. For example the detail of the SB Titanium HD is very bright, which seems to marry very well with Grado headphones. Asus are more deep and grumbly, so match better with the heavier bass driven cans I have.

You're right though, it is very niche. I just worry that EVGA have gone so overboard with who they hired and had design it that for most (pardon the pun) it would just fall on deaf ears. Only the most astute of Audiophiles would even know who Audio Note were. And then nearly all of them would be British.