Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 13-11-18, 09:25 AM
News Guru

The Xbox One will gain Keyboard/Mouse Support Tomorrow

Seven games will support the feature at launch!

Read more about the Xbox One's planned keyboard/mouse support.

Old 13-11-18, 11:05 AM
OC3D Crew

eventually replace my gaming PC with an xbone ?
IF the next gen offers support this across the board I will definitely look at this option, Driving, fighting, flying and a bit of gta on controller and all others on M/K ill be happy with
Old 13-11-18, 11:23 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonking View Post
eventually replace my gaming PC with an xbone ?
IF the next gen offers support this across the board I will definitely look at this option, Driving, fighting, flying and a bit of gta on controller and all others on M/K ill be happy with
haha if you'd ever tried to browse the web on the Xbone you wouldn't even consider it

It's a terrible experience. Hardly anything works and you just end up frustrated.

Now if some one would release a decent browser? yeah, might almost be worth considering.

Old 13-11-18, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
haha if you'd ever tried to browse the web on the Xbone you wouldn't even consider it

It's a terrible experience. Hardly anything works and you just end up frustrated.

Now if some one would release a decent browser? yeah, might almost be worth considering.
^ This. It doesn't help that it is MS Edge either, but for the most part it is just laggy and slow. I'll use my Galaxy S8 phone to browse for what I want before I'd ever consider using the Edge browser on the console.
Old 13-11-18, 01:07 PM
OC3D Elite

I found doing most general tasks on the XoneX to be pretty snappy including basic browsing and multimedia and the like, a lot smoother than a traditional model although obviously you still hit a wall whenever you need a plug-in or something, and its multitasking ability was kinda impressive (Compared to the semi-freezing you got when switching apps on earlier 8th gen consoles). It's been a while since I used either (And I'm sure both have improved since I last used) but I felt PUBG on XoneX would have been a far less annoying game with M+K support (Since having everyone have to use a gamepad with only raw input(No auto-aim or smoothing in any way) at like 24 fps made all medium range gun fights pretty drawn out and low risk while close range ones were just flat out confusing)
Old 13-11-18, 03:49 PM
OC3D Crew

I think I could offset the £600+ cost on a GPU to go on a midrange laptop for the everything else. though that does seem to be a false economy
just too many factors to this, mostly my steam library but the rising cost of components is the main reason i'd consider it. My PC is very quickly getting to the point where I will have no choice but to upgrade it and the cost of the equivalent spec on new parts has gone up so much since then I really don't know if I can justify it.
A i7, high end mobo and the fastest ram possible cost me just shy of £400 when I built mine. I doubt id get a current gen high end mobo and ram for that sort of price now, plus CPU and cooler...
Old 13-11-18, 04:30 PM
AMD Enthusiast

People who use that are definitely going to have an advantage
Old 13-11-18, 05:33 PM
OC3D Elite

If they add this to games like COD and Destiny, then I will seriously be thinking about making the switch on a permanent basis.

I am sick of the state of games on the pc these day's, and the amount of people who are using cheats is just unreal.

It's why I have stopped playing PUBG on the PC, because in every game there is someone cheating, whether it's an Aimbot/wallhack or a macro for recoil.

I know cheating exist's on the consoles, but it's no where near as bad as it is on the pc.

The other benefit is that, I have alot of friends on the Xbox so that would also be a benefit as long as we can play together rather than being split up, because I use a keyboard and mouse for the pve games, pvp I can understand but pve shouldn't be split.
Old 13-11-18, 05:42 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
If they add this to games like COD and Destiny, then I will seriously be thinking about making the switch on a permanent basis.

I am sick of the state of games on the pc these day's, and the amount of people who are using cheats is just unreal.

It's why I have stopped playing PUBG on the PC, because in every game there is someone cheating, whether it's an Aimbot/wallhack or a macro for recoil.

I know cheating exist's on the consoles, but it's no where near as bad as it is on the pc.

The other benefit is that, I have alot of friends on the Xbox so that would also be a benefit as long as we can play together rather than being split up, because I use a keyboard and mouse for the pve games, pvp I can understand but pve shouldn't be split.
Why should it be split?
I choose to use a controller for gta5 on pc, I am at a disadvantage I know that but its my choice to do that because I prefer that game on a controller. It's not like cross play currently where console users are forced into a disadvantage and don't have that option after this.
Old 13-11-18, 08:48 PM
OC3D Elite

Afaik in multiplayer they do plan to have options for split matchmaking similar to how I believe they already do for Gears and Destiny(?) crossplay.
I don't think GTAV is a fair point of comparison because it's hard to say M+K is an all round better scheme in anything with vehicles and heavy auto-aim and GTA is famously controller-dependant, it's only really twitchy competitive online shooters it has a measurable impact I think. In a game like PUBG unless they've improved the controls a lot gamepad users would be no match for anyone with an M+K in mixed servers imo, it's not just the aiming accuracy or speed of target acquisition that's different, the whole range of engagement possible is flipped.