Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 30-10-18, 02:53 PM
The Guvnor

Cooler Master SL600M Review

Will this departure from traditional case design really deliver the ultimate hybrid of Work/Play?

Cooler Master SL600M Review

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 30-10-18, 08:04 PM
born in a.....

this is the one case in the past year or so thats actually got my attention (and got me back on here). Good job Coolermaster!
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904|240gb+512gb Samsung evo 840| ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Old 30-10-18, 08:25 PM
OC3D Elite

It would be interesting to see how much you could pack in that thing. Could you actually get a pair of 360 rads in there, and have room for other stuff? I like the idea of breaking away from 'traditional' layouts, and this looks interesting.

Old 31-10-18, 02:54 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
It would be interesting to see how much you could pack in that thing. Could you actually get a pair of 360 rads in there, and have room for other stuff? I like the idea of breaking away from 'traditional' layouts, and this looks interesting.
It is not like they are inventing something new. This layout exists for a long time. InWin, and Jonsbo have it for years. HexGear did it. Siverstone has it since the beginning of time. CoolerMaster marketing department is pushing it hard like it is something new, but it isn't. In recent years we had few good cases, and metric tons of bad ones, all based on the same "mainstream" design. Actually i think it is really poorly implemented. They could have done it much better.
Old 31-10-18, 03:52 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
It is not like they are inventing something new. This layout exists for a long time. InWin, and Jonsbo have it for years. HexGear did it. Siverstone has it since the beginning of time. CoolerMaster marketing department is pushing it hard like it is something new, but it isn't. In recent years we had few good cases, and metric tons of bad ones, all based on the same "mainstream" design. Actually i think it is really poorly implemented. They could have done it much better.
Yeah agreed. My layout comment was more in reference to the PSU placement and cover. I'm not too struck on it now. Dimitri from Hardware Canucks gave it a good ripping, and pointed out a ton of flaws. Not to mention the thermals are only acceptable with the GPU set up with the PCIE extension, which DOESN'T come with the case. It's sold SEPARATELY. For a case at that price point, that sucks. With the GPU in a standard position, the whole thermal chimney goes right out the window and the temps are not good. For a company calling themselves Cooler Master, that's kinda funny.

Old 31-10-18, 06:19 AM
OC3D Elite

I really don't know what is happening with with case industry. If you look in each segment of the market, apart from Meshify C every single case has at least one massive flaw.