Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 18-10-18, 03:11 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 16,006
Rockstar Games releases Red Dead Redemption 2 Launch Trailer

Will this game come to PC? Probably...



Watch Red Dead Redemption II's launch trailer.

__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 18-10-18, 05:52 PM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
Old N Gold
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,726
Do you reckon they're holding back on announcing whether they'll have a PC version in the hopes of selling the game twice—once to early adopters with consoles who can't wait, and second to early adopters who can't wait but also have a PC and prefer it?
__________________
ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero ⁞⁞ Ryzen 1600X 4Ghz ⁞⁞ Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT ⁞⁞ Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps ⁞⁞ G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz
Jonsbo W2 ⁞⁞ Corsair AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung 960 EVO 250GB & 850 EVO 500GB
⁞⁞ Western Digital 1TB Blue & 3TB Green
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 21-10-18, 07:16 PM
ImprovizoR's Avatar
ImprovizoR ImprovizoR is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 492
10 studios worked on this game for the past 8 years and it must have cost a fortune to develop. I could bet anything that they already have a PC version in the works. Remember what they said about GTA V back in the day? It was something along the lines of "we were always going to make a PC version". And GTA V sold more than 12 million copies on Steam alone. God only knows how many physical copies were sold. And then there's GTA Online. You don't say no to that kind of money.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 21-10-18, 07:23 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Do you reckon they're holding back on announcing whether they'll have a PC version in the hopes of selling the game twice—once to early adopters with consoles who can't wait, and second to early adopters who can't wait but also have a PC and prefer it?
Probably correct. They did just that with GTA5 and Max Payne 3.
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 21-10-18, 07:38 PM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
Old N Gold
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Probably correct. They did just that with GTA5 and Max Payne 3.
Max Payne 3 was awesome. Max Payne has always been in my top five favourite video games ever, but when Rockstar took it over and kept delaying it (it was supposed to be come out in 2009), I thought it was going to be a disaster. Turns out it looked gorgeous, ran well, and had a really unique spin on the character. Terrific game that I've had installed for four years now I bet. Ended the series well.
__________________
ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero ⁞⁞ Ryzen 1600X 4Ghz ⁞⁞ Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT ⁞⁞ Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps ⁞⁞ G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz
Jonsbo W2 ⁞⁞ Corsair AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung 960 EVO 250GB & 850 EVO 500GB
⁞⁞ Western Digital 1TB Blue & 3TB Green
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 21-10-18, 07:48 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,877
I must play through MP3 again tbh. Spectacular game. Loved the bit in the "chop shop". Really creeped me out I wasn't expecting that. Also liked how the dynamics changed and only headshots work. Really made me hone my aiming skills.
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 21-10-18, 07:53 PM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
Old N Gold
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
I must play through MP3 again tbh. Spectacular game. Loved the bit in the "chop shop". Really creeped me out I wasn't expecting that. Also liked how the dynamics changed and only headshots work. Really made me hone my aiming skills.
Max Payne is a game that HAS to be played on PC. The smooth frame rates and the smooth mouse/keyboard controls are essential. Otherwise it's just a nightmare.
__________________
ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero ⁞⁞ Ryzen 1600X 4Ghz ⁞⁞ Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT ⁞⁞ Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps ⁞⁞ G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz
Jonsbo W2 ⁞⁞ Corsair AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung 960 EVO 250GB & 850 EVO 500GB
⁞⁞ Western Digital 1TB Blue & 3TB Green
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 21-10-18, 08:05 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Max Payne is a game that HAS to be played on PC. The smooth frame rates and the smooth mouse/keyboard controls are essential. Otherwise it's just a nightmare.
Yeah beautiful game too man. They really did it justice. Was almost worth the long wait for it
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 21-10-18, 08:26 PM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
Old N Gold
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Yeah beautiful game too man. They really did it justice. Was almost worth the long wait for it
I remember seeing the screenshots in PC Zone magazine of Max in a Hawaiian shirt with a buzzed head back in 2007 or 2008. It looked gorgeous, but I was super sceptical about the location and how much they changed Max. Then when 2009 came... 2010... 2011... I gave up. Then it was released and it was awesome.
__________________
ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero ⁞⁞ Ryzen 1600X 4Ghz ⁞⁞ Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT ⁞⁞ Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps ⁞⁞ G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz
Jonsbo W2 ⁞⁞ Corsair AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung 960 EVO 250GB & 850 EVO 500GB
⁞⁞ Western Digital 1TB Blue & 3TB Green
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 21-10-18, 08:29 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
I remember seeing the screenshots in PC Zone magazine of Max in a Hawaiian shirt with a buzzed head back in 2007 or 2008. It looked gorgeous, but I was super sceptical about the location and how much they changed Max. Then when 2009 came... 2010... 2011... I gave up. Then it was released and it was awesome.
Same. In fact I still have the mag here at mum's. I was like "WTF did they do to him!?!?!" but it all worked really well.

MP3 did things that were simply not possible when the first two were made.
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 06:55 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.