Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 17-10-18, 08:54 AM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 20,101
Intel i9-9900K shipments have been delayed by UK retailers

Should we expect another CPU shortage?



Read more about Intel i9-9900K shipments being delayed at some UK retailers.

__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 17-10-18, 10:33 AM
demonking's Avatar
demonking demonking is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 1,053
Who was it that said give it a couple of weeks and they will be back to standard packaging? 10 points to u whoever it was lol
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 17-10-18, 10:42 AM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 15,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonking View Post
Who was it that said give it a couple of weeks and they will be back to standard packaging? 10 points to u whoever it was lol
*raises hand*
__________________


If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 17-10-18, 04:06 PM
Bagpuss Bagpuss is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 232
Wait...you mean there are actual idiots out there who are paying £600 for this?


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 17-10-18, 05:34 PM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 5,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Wait...you mean there are actual idiots out there who are paying £600 for this?


Yup, there are. Just like there are ”idiots” who buy a watch for thousands. Some people are willing to pay this, just like people are willing to pay Nvidia for the insane prices on their new RTX cards. If you’ve got the money, then you do
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 18-10-18, 07:18 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 7,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Wait...you mean there are actual idiots out there who are paying £600 for this?


Do you call people who buy ferrari's idiots when a Ford Focus will get you from A to B ?

Some people have money to burn and they see £600 as chump change. Doesn't make them idiots. Spendthrift maybe, but not idiot.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 18-10-18, 08:54 AM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 20,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Wait...you mean there are actual idiots out there who are paying £600 for this?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Do you call people who buy ferrari's idiots when a Ford Focus will get you from A to B ?

Some people have money to burn and they see £600 as chump change. Doesn't make them idiots. Spendthrift maybe, but not idiot.
I agree with Warchild, if you have enough money for the pricing to legitimately not matter that much, you might as well have the best.

Can't really blame someone for buying something expensive when they can afford it without much or any difficulty.
__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 18-10-18, 03:32 PM
WillSK's Avatar
WillSK WillSK is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK
Posts: 2,262
Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Yeah I agree it's all relative to expendable income and willingness to spend more than a product is probably worth.

Having previously worked in the watch industry for 3 years previously I will somewhat disagree on some of that as an example as very high end swiss watches are often hand crafted and finished but that's neither here nor there.
__________________
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero, Ryzen 3800X, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 18-10-18, 05:16 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 7,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSK View Post
Yeah I agree it's all relative to expendable income and willingness to spend more than a product is probably worth.

Having previously worked in the watch industry for 3 years previously I will somewhat disagree on some of that as an example as very high end swiss watches are often hand crafted and finished but that's neither here nor there.
I spent £3200 on a watch. I see it as a fantastic investment and the nicest I have ever had. Bvlgari <3
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 09:33 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.