Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 12-10-18, 10:28 AM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 14,355
Nvidia releases their Geforce 416.34 driver for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

'Provides the optimal gaming experience for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, SOULCALIBUR VI, and GRIP'



Read more about Nvidia's Geforce 416.34 driver for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.

__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-10-18, 10:37 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 4,761
OOh Grip is a remade version of Rollcage.

Awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-10-18, 11:39 AM
Avet's Avatar
Avet Avet is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,028
I hope these are more stable. Last version had random driver crashes.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-10-18, 12:40 PM
demonking's Avatar
demonking demonking is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 730
I saw something recently where it was being looked at if nvidia are slowing down older cards with each driver update. I'm waiting to see the results of this but I won't be surprised if this is the case, apple have been busted doing this already.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-10-18, 12:50 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 4,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonking View Post
I saw something recently where it was being looked at if nvidia are slowing down older cards with each driver update. I'm waiting to see the results of this but I won't be surprised if this is the case, apple have been busted doing this already.
Don't see the logic in doing it intentional. The older drivers are all available so its no problem reverting back to those. If they were sneakily changing the firmware however... now that would be naughty.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-10-18, 02:57 PM
demonking's Avatar
demonking demonking is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Don't see the logic in doing it intentional. The older drivers are all available so its no problem reverting back to those. If they were sneakily changing the firmware however... now that would be naughty.
We'll have to see and i'll update when those results appear, if they do. But from a business POV I can see why. If the RTX's weren't going to be 30% faster, then slow down the older ones and then they can hit those numbers. Secondly for sales, If you feel that your 780ti is not powerful enough anymore odds are you'll buy a new card and probably buy a 1080ti at the reduced price or a shiny new RTX model, Why not, they could mask it as other system components slowing you down from aging or game updates or the way the stars are currently aligned with mercury.
remember Apple denied it all the way until there was hard evidence, then got your money another way by telling you to send your phone off to have the battery replaced, Nvidia can't do the same unless you have a founders edition
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-10-18, 04:16 PM
looz's Avatar
looz looz is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,217
Well if you choose a 1080Ti they still get their money. It actually makes sense for the 10-series cards to still be attractive, they want to get rid of the excess stock they produced for miners.

Though it seems that Nvidia might have forwarded that burden to AIB partners.
__________________
i7 8700k - 16GB - 2060 FE - 512GB 970 & 850 EVO - AKG K702
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 13-10-18, 01:35 AM
BigDaddyKong's Avatar
BigDaddyKong BigDaddyKong is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,086
I just played a couple of hours. It was butter smooth on my 1070.
__________________
AMD R7 1800X-Asus Crosshair VI Hero-16GB GSkill 3200mhz-Corsair HX850-H110i-MSI 1070-Coolermast H500-Windows 10 Pro-Dell U3011-Dell 2007FP
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 13-10-18, 02:33 AM
tannji tannji is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyKong View Post
I just played a couple of hours. It was butter smooth on my 1070.
with the older drivers, or this new release?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 13-10-18, 03:07 AM
Avet's Avatar
Avet Avet is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by looz View Post
Well if you choose a 1080Ti they still get their money. It actually makes sense for the 10-series cards to still be attractive, they want to get rid of the excess stock they produced for miners.

Though it seems that Nvidia might have forwarded that burden to AIB partners.
Exactly this. They have metric tons of 10 series that were leftover from overestimating mining craze.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 05:17 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.