Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 11-10-18, 08:06 AM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 13,386
Razer re-enters the Phone market with their $799 Razer Phone 2

Higher-end specs and a range of design improvements.



Read more about the Razer Phone 2 gaming smartphone.

__________________
One of these days I'll change my name to Mark Bench
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-10-18, 12:00 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is online now
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: BlondesVille
Posts: 12,522
And here I am with my Moto Razr flip phone from 2005, Still don't like smartphones.
__________________
=AMD Ryzen 2700X @ 4.20GHz 8C/16T - Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero WiFi X470 AM4=
=Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB 3600MHz 2x8GB - Corsair H150i Pro + 6 x Corsair HDRGB 120mm=
=Corsair Crystal 570X Red + 3 x Corsair HDRGB 120mm - Corsair Link Commander Pro=
=Asus ROG Strix Vega 64 8GB HBM2 @ 1600/1000 - Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ=
=Creative SoundBlaster X AE-5 - Beyerdynamic 770/990/1770/1990 - 250 Ohm=
=Asus ROG Spatha - Asus ROG Claymore "100%" Cherry MX Blue - Asus ROG Sheath=
=Steam - Dicehunter = Origin - Dicehunter = Uplay - DicehunterUPLAY=

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-10-18, 12:01 PM
demonking's Avatar
demonking demonking is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 641
Want!
Hopefully we get this on more networks this time round.

* Three only again in the UK for contract can't stand 3, they're network in the UK is like their customer service, useless
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-10-18, 05:55 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Middle-Earth
Posts: 14,936
Nicer specs than the new Pixel 3 XL yet cheaper.. just find that ironic a little bit
__________________
The Cost of Freedom -
"A price payed gladly, in the hopes that the free, live better."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-10-18, 07:47 PM
WillSK's Avatar
WillSK WillSK is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK
Posts: 2,082
Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Nicer specs than the new Pixel 3 XL yet cheaper.. just find that ironic a little bit
I love my Pixel 2 XL and I like the Pixel design language (2 tone back, muted colours, clean lines etc.) but from a hardware perspective I am so so disappointed by the 3 XL.

I know Google like to preach the software message and I'd agree their software is nice and clean for the most part, but a company like Google shouldn't use that excuse to justify a relatively mundane hardware package.
__________________
My OC3D Comp Rig : Parvum S2.5 Case, ASUS RoG Gene VIII, Intel i5 6600K, Corsair H100i GTX, ASUS 980Ti Strix, 16 Gb Corsair Dominator RAM, Kingston Hyper X Fury 480GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Corsair AX760w
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-10-18, 07:54 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Middle-Earth
Posts: 14,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSK View Post
I love my Pixel 2 XL and I like the Pixel design language (2 tone back, muted colours, clean lines etc.) but from a hardware perspective I am so so disappointed by the 3 XL.

I know Google like to preach the software message and I'd agree their software is nice and clean for the most part, but a company like Google shouldn't use that excuse to justify a relatively mundane hardware package.
Exact same boat as you. P2XL I love. The new 3XL however... so bland. Newer cpu, same memory, smaller battery, hardly new features, and price went up. For what? Nothing changed except a new CPU. Everything else is the same or worse!
I got my P2XL about 3 months ago through google for $250 off plus my Nexus6p trade in. Was well worth it. I am definitely not interested in the new phone. Especially with the 2 year warranty and 3 years of OS/Security updates. No real reason too.
__________________
The Cost of Freedom -
"A price payed gladly, in the hopes that the free, live better."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-10-18, 08:20 PM
WillSK's Avatar
WillSK WillSK is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK
Posts: 2,082
Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Exact same boat as you. P2XL I love. The new 3XL however... so bland. Newer cpu, same memory, smaller battery, hardly new features, and price went up. For what? Nothing changed except a new CPU. Everything else is the same or worse!
I got my P2XL about 3 months ago through google for $250 off plus my Nexus6p trade in. Was well worth it. I am definitely not interested in the new phone. Especially with the 2 year warranty and 3 years of OS/Security updates. No real reason too.
100%

Only thing I do like about the 3 XL is the better OLED panel. I do agree the LG panel in the 2 XL is pretty poor in differentiating black levels in netflix shows with dark scenes etc. Not enough to make me dislike the phone but there are def better options out there
__________________
My OC3D Comp Rig : Parvum S2.5 Case, ASUS RoG Gene VIII, Intel i5 6600K, Corsair H100i GTX, ASUS 980Ti Strix, 16 Gb Corsair Dominator RAM, Kingston Hyper X Fury 480GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Corsair AX760w
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-10-18, 11:46 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Middle-Earth
Posts: 14,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSK View Post
100%

Only thing I do like about the 3 XL is the better OLED panel. I do agree the LG panel in the 2 XL is pretty poor in differentiating black levels in netflix shows with dark scenes etc. Not enough to make me dislike the phone but there are def better options out there
My only issue with the screen is the blue tint if you have it at an extreme angle. Other than that with the saturation booster it's fine for me. But yes there are better panels out there on different phones. I am glad they addressed the panel for the 3, hopefully they don't make that mistake again. I'll probably get the 4XL halfway through it's lifecycle. I tend do that for some reason lol
__________________
The Cost of Freedom -
"A price payed gladly, in the hopes that the free, live better."
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-10-18, 08:56 AM
Warchild Warchild is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 4,249
All eyes should be on the oneplus 6 or Huawei Mate20. Set to blow everything out of the water!

Extremely fun and amazing phone from testing so far. Dont think I can ever trust a phone made by a gamer company, even if its outsourced.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-10-18, 11:31 AM
looz's Avatar
looz looz is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 881
What's the point of higher performance phones at this point? Just gaming?

Even the Snapdragon 835 in my phone seems way overkill for regular use.
__________________
i7 8700k 4.9GHz - 2x8Gb 3600MHz CL15-15-15-34 - GTX 970 - 512GB 850 EVO
<3 Linux, DXVK and 165Hz
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 05:37 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.