Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 11-10-18, 08:06 AM
News Guru

Razer re-enters the Phone market with their $799 Razer Phone 2

Higher-end specs and a range of design improvements.

Read more about the Razer Phone 2 gaming smartphone.

Old 11-10-18, 12:00 PM
Resident Newb

And here I am with my Moto Razr flip phone from 2005, Still don't like smartphones.
=Asus ROG Strix Vega 64 8GB HBM2 @ 1600/1000 - Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ=
=Creative SoundBlaster X AE-5 - Beyerdynamic 770/990/1770/1990 - 250 Ohm=
=Asus ROG Spatha - Asus ROG Claymore "100%" Cherry MX Blue - Asus ROG Sheath=
=Steam - Dicehunter = Origin - Dicehunter = Uplay - DicehunterUPLAY=

Old 11-10-18, 12:01 PM
OC3D Crew

Want!
Hopefully we get this on more networks this time round.

* Three only again in the UK for contract can't stand 3, they're network in the UK is like their customer service, useless
Old 11-10-18, 05:55 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Nicer specs than the new Pixel 3 XL yet cheaper.. just find that ironic a little bit
Old 11-10-18, 07:47 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Nicer specs than the new Pixel 3 XL yet cheaper.. just find that ironic a little bit
I love my Pixel 2 XL and I like the Pixel design language (2 tone back, muted colours, clean lines etc.) but from a hardware perspective I am so so disappointed by the 3 XL.

I know Google like to preach the software message and I'd agree their software is nice and clean for the most part, but a company like Google shouldn't use that excuse to justify a relatively mundane hardware package.
My OC3D Comp Rig : Parvum S2.5 Case, ASUS RoG Gene VIII, Intel i5 6600K, Corsair H100i GTX, ASUS 980Ti Strix, 16 Gb Corsair Dominator RAM, Kingston Hyper X Fury 480GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Corsair AX760w
Old 11-10-18, 07:54 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSK View Post
I love my Pixel 2 XL and I like the Pixel design language (2 tone back, muted colours, clean lines etc.) but from a hardware perspective I am so so disappointed by the 3 XL.

I know Google like to preach the software message and I'd agree their software is nice and clean for the most part, but a company like Google shouldn't use that excuse to justify a relatively mundane hardware package.
Exact same boat as you. P2XL I love. The new 3XL however... so bland. Newer cpu, same memory, smaller battery, hardly new features, and price went up. For what? Nothing changed except a new CPU. Everything else is the same or worse!
I got my P2XL about 3 months ago through google for $250 off plus my Nexus6p trade in. Was well worth it. I am definitely not interested in the new phone. Especially with the 2 year warranty and 3 years of OS/Security updates. No real reason too.
Old 11-10-18, 08:20 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Exact same boat as you. P2XL I love. The new 3XL however... so bland. Newer cpu, same memory, smaller battery, hardly new features, and price went up. For what? Nothing changed except a new CPU. Everything else is the same or worse!
I got my P2XL about 3 months ago through google for $250 off plus my Nexus6p trade in. Was well worth it. I am definitely not interested in the new phone. Especially with the 2 year warranty and 3 years of OS/Security updates. No real reason too.
100%

Only thing I do like about the 3 XL is the better OLED panel. I do agree the LG panel in the 2 XL is pretty poor in differentiating black levels in netflix shows with dark scenes etc. Not enough to make me dislike the phone but there are def better options out there
My OC3D Comp Rig : Parvum S2.5 Case, ASUS RoG Gene VIII, Intel i5 6600K, Corsair H100i GTX, ASUS 980Ti Strix, 16 Gb Corsair Dominator RAM, Kingston Hyper X Fury 480GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Corsair AX760w
Old 11-10-18, 11:46 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSK View Post
100%

Only thing I do like about the 3 XL is the better OLED panel. I do agree the LG panel in the 2 XL is pretty poor in differentiating black levels in netflix shows with dark scenes etc. Not enough to make me dislike the phone but there are def better options out there
My only issue with the screen is the blue tint if you have it at an extreme angle. Other than that with the saturation booster it's fine for me. But yes there are better panels out there on different phones. I am glad they addressed the panel for the 3, hopefully they don't make that mistake again. I'll probably get the 4XL halfway through it's lifecycle. I tend do that for some reason lol
Old 12-10-18, 08:56 AM
OC3D Elite

All eyes should be on the oneplus 6 or Huawei Mate20. Set to blow everything out of the water!

Extremely fun and amazing phone from testing so far. Dont think I can ever trust a phone made by a gamer company, even if its outsourced.
Old 12-10-18, 11:31 AM
OC3D Crew

What's the point of higher performance phones at this point? Just gaming?

Even the Snapdragon 835 in my phone seems way overkill for regular use.