Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 02-10-18, 11:16 AM
News Guru

Witcher Author demands additional royalties for CD Projekt Red's game series

Would The Witcher have become a mainstream success without CD Projekt's efforts?

Read more about Andrzej Sapkowski's demand for additional royalties from CD Projekt Red.

Old 02-10-18, 01:06 PM
OC3D Elite

Greedy little douchebag, looking for more AFTER signing a contract that he agreed was a mistake. LIVE with your mistake princess.

Old 02-10-18, 01:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Greedy little douchebag, looking for more AFTER signing a contract that he agreed was a mistake. LIVE with your mistake princess.
I'm not sure its entirely motivated by money. Hes already fully booked and making millions from the netflix series. There could be another motive going on here. Perhaps some future event.
Old 02-10-18, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member

They offered him a percentage initially and he refused. He messed up and it's entirely his fault.
Old 02-10-18, 02:08 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
I agree that legally speaking, the man signed a contract and therefore there is no legal obligation for CDPR to pay him anymore money.

That said, it is HIS world and it has been far more successful than he and I'm sure CDPR ever imagined, so while I wouldn't agree to the 12 million or whatever he's asking for, I don't think an out of court settlement would be unreasonable to maintain that relationship with the creator of the source material.

As an example the woman who created the Nike "Swoosh" logo was paid $35 for her work in 1971. Although (out of court) she was remunerated 10 years later with Nike stock of an undisclosed amount and I'm sure she's done alright since. A gesture following such success can go a long way
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero, Ryzen 3800X, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
Old 02-10-18, 03:36 PM
OC3D Crew

Oh dear.....
CDPR should let this go to court, a contract is a contract. The argument here for them is that was a fair price at the time and the amount of time, money and effort they put into the series is what has made it the value that it is now.

If I sold my house and 2 years later it had gone up in value could I demand that the new owners pay me a portion of that equity? or the company that built that houses? this is ridiculous, his mistake for not taking royalties when he sold it to them, you can't make a deal and then change your mind years after the deal has been completed!
Old 02-10-18, 05:06 PM
AMD Enthusiast

He doesn't deserve the extra money. He turned down there original offer and asked for a lump sum. They obliged. His fault

I love the Witcher world but this is just pathetic honestly