Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 26-09-18, 09:28 AM
News Guru

Microsoft reveals Xbox X018 event, keyboard/mouse support and Razer Partnership

Xbox is becoming more PC-like.

Read more about Microsoft's Xbox X018 event, Keyboard/Mouse support and their Razer Partnership.

Old 26-09-18, 09:56 AM
Advanced Member

Really awesome news for consoleros! Partnership with Razer = even more overprized gaming gear that breaks after opening the package :-!
Old 26-09-18, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Š View Post
Really awesome news for consoleros! Partnership with Razer = even more overprized gaming gear that breaks after opening the package :-!
.__. And here I sit talking to my brother about his Corsair gear vs my Razer gear (mine is cheaper in price for basically the same overall specsheet - keyboard and mouse and the like).

I've never had an tech regardless of brand (good brands...logitech / corsair / razer/ steelseries) break on me. I've had them DIE on me out of the blue though! Like my logitech headset mic just stopped working on day for no reason, got Logitech on customer chat, boom new headset 2 days later for nothing just had to send my old back.

Same thing with Razer and Corsair stuff, ha I've got 3 razer keyboards sitting in my house that are 4+years old and still work perfectly as if just bought yesterday.

It depends entirely on how you treat your tech, that is all it really comes down. I clean my keyboards and mouses each week or 2 with just simplegreen cleaning solution spray and a rag. Then spray out of the keyboards with a tiny compressed air machine, never had a problem with them yet.

My mouse of almost 7 years (razer naga - the 2012 one, not the new one) has developed an issue but I think it is a motherboard or weird software bug - when I coldboot turn on my gaming pc I have to double-click the mouse twice and then it works just fine.... so if I cold boot and want to open say steam on my desktop I have to left click 4 times total as it is twice on the desktop or anywhere really then twice on steam to open it.

But that is the only issue I've ever had with any of the tech I've owned over the years...and it is more a bug then anything so I just have lived with it since it doesnt matter.
Old 26-09-18, 02:33 PM
OC3D Elite

Razer is cheap low-grade Chinesium. They make over-priced crap parts. Would not buy, ever again.

Old 26-09-18, 02:47 PM
OC3D Elite

Mouse and keyboard so you can play FPS games at 30 and 60 FPS.
Old 26-09-18, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkdayzzz View Post
.__. And here I sit talking to my brother about his Corsair gear vs my Razer gear (mine is cheaper in price for basically the same overall specsheet - keyboard and mouse and the like).

I've never had an tech regardless of brand (good brands...logitech / corsair / razer/ steelseries) break on me. I've had them DIE on me out of the blue though! Like my logitech headset mic just stopped working on day for no reason, got Logitech on customer chat, boom new headset 2 days later for nothing just had to send my old back.

Same thing with Razer and Corsair stuff, ha I've got 3 razer keyboards sitting in my house that are 4+years old and still work perfectly as if just bought yesterday.

It depends entirely on how you treat your tech, that is all it really comes down. I clean my keyboards and mouses each week or 2 with just simplegreen cleaning solution spray and a rag. Then spray out of the keyboards with a tiny compressed air machine, never had a problem with them yet.

My mouse of almost 7 years (razer naga - the 2012 one, not the new one) has developed an issue but I think it is a motherboard or weird software bug - when I coldboot turn on my gaming pc I have to double-click the mouse twice and then it works just fine.... so if I cold boot and want to open say steam on my desktop I have to left click 4 times total as it is twice on the desktop or anywhere really then twice on steam to open it.

But that is the only issue I've ever had with any of the tech I've owned over the years...and it is more a bug then anything so I just have lived with it since it doesnt matter.
I've worked at a computer store as a customer service rep and a tester for around 4 years and i can say that Razer product does come back far more often then most other brands. HOWEVER they are also bought more often could be almost as much as a 4/1 ratio but that didnt account for how much we saw come back and get sent for RMA or were flat out replaced by the store.
Old 26-09-18, 03:27 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Razer is cheap low-grade Chinesium. They make over-priced crap parts. Would not buy, ever again.

With my Razer phase a few years ago the only problems I ever encountered were 2, The Razer Blackwidow keyboard I had got a few faulty LED's which was pretty standard for many LED keyboards due to poor ESD protection before they switched to sealed SMD RGB LED's.

And a mouse I had ironically developed a squeaking sound on the left click, An issue easily solved by placing a super thin craft knife with an absolutely tiny amount of WD40 on it underneath.

Old 26-09-18, 03:34 PM
OC3D Elite

I had an issue with a Razer keyboard, and after 5 minutes of research I found out that the issue had been around for almost 3 years, with no fix from Razer. That, and a broken Lachesis mouse that I paid $80 for, convinced me to never trust that cheap garbage ever again.

Old 26-09-18, 03:47 PM
OC3D Elite

Oh noes, please don't get me started on Razer. The only product of theirs to ever survive more than a year is my Boomslang, which cost £145 at launch. However, I can't actually use it because they stopped support at Win 7. When I contacted them to ask about a driver update they said "If it does not work return it to the vendor". No help, no advice etc.

All about the turn and burn with them. Make a product, sell it high, then don't give AF afterwards.

Never again.

Old 26-09-18, 04:56 PM

My Razer Blackwidow that I bought when mechanical gaming keyboards first ever came out, (back in 2013 maybe?) has had coffee spilt on it twice and it still works perfectly.