Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 24-09-18, 02:32 PM
News Guru

HyperX Gaming reveals their HyperX Fury RGB SSD

Do you need an RGB illuminated SSD? HyperX thinks you do!

Read more about HyperX Gaming's Fury RGB series SSD.

Old 24-09-18, 02:58 PM

While I think the RGB craze is getting....pardon the pun - crazy.... this SSD doesn't really look at that bad.

I think it looks kinda cool, and nice that it can integrate right into the motherboard headers, that helps cables from being in places you don't necessarily want.

Again though the nice thing is this: You don't have to use the RGB function at all, so don't need to run that cable unless you want to use it.

And for people who are still going off on the whole "RGB should die" mindset I say this: You can disable it....if you don't want lights on just turn them off in the software. Easy.
Old 24-09-18, 03:56 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkdayzzz View Post
While I think the RGB craze is getting....pardon the pun - crazy.... this SSD doesn't really look at that bad.

I think it looks kinda cool, and nice that it can integrate right into the motherboard headers, that helps cables from being in places you don't necessarily want.

Again though the nice thing is this: You don't have to use the RGB function at all, so don't need to run that cable unless you want to use it.

And for people who are still going off on the whole "RGB should die" mindset I say this: You can disable it....if you don't want lights on just turn them off in the software. Easy.
I am not a fan of the RGB craze at all. However I completely agree with your point Dark that you can simply turn it off. A lot of the RGB products still look decent with either off or basic white lighting.

I actually would rather RGB products than products with loads of logos and graphics on them
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero, Ryzen 3800X, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
Old 25-09-18, 05:57 AM
Advanced Member

While it would look cool in some cases (pun intended as well), I guess nobody would want a overprized, yet performancewise underperforming product. These SSDs are overheating, therefore throttling performance!