Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 20-09-18, 02:02 PM
News Guru

Shadow of the Tomb Raider PC Performance Review

Between DX12 and Core Scaling, there is a lot to talk about here.

Read more about Shadow of the Tomb Raider's PC performance.

Old 20-09-18, 02:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Wot no 1080Ti? was that deliberate?

I hear this game is pretty dull. Just more of the same.

Old 20-09-18, 02:28 PM

Just use the 2080 FE chart - from what I've seen in all the reviews there's about a 1% difference between a 1080Ti and 2080 FE at 1440p
Old 20-09-18, 05:22 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Pretty impressive DX12 implementation. Nice review fella
Old 20-09-18, 07:29 PM

Can you guys seriously start including GTX 1080 ti's into your benchmarks. The more you dont the more you become an unreliable source more so considering new cards are out.
Old 20-09-18, 10:52 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawgmaster View Post
Can you guys seriously start including GTX 1080 ti's into your benchmarks. The more you dont the more you become an unreliable source more so considering new cards are out.
That's just a stupid statement. Facts are facts and results speak for themselves. Can't include everything. Besides that he doesn't have a 1080ti to test.

Anyway.. It's nigh on identitical to a 2080. Effectively just replace the name and boom you're done. Not that difficult.
Old 20-09-18, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
That's just a stupid statement. Facts are facts and results speak for themselves. Can't include everything. Besides that he doesn't have a 1080ti to test.

Anyway.. It's nigh on identitical to a 2080. Effectively just replace the name and boom you're done. Not that difficult.
Your mearly assuming that for this game. There are some games where the 2080 does get a fair amount of performance more and vise versa. Right now since there are a lot of people looking at comparing the 1080 ti to the 2080 seeing which they should get right now and them not having it gives people a very good reason to not look at them for benchmarks. If he doesnt have one then he should have considered getting one long ago because its been atleast 6 months to a year that they havent had them.
Old 20-09-18, 11:38 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawgmaster View Post
Your mearly assuming that for this game. There are some games where the 2080 does get a fair amount of performance more and vise versa. Right now since there are a lot of people looking at comparing the 1080 ti to the 2080 seeing which they should get right now and them not having it gives people a very good reason to not look at them for benchmarks. If he doesnt have one then he should have considered getting one long ago because its been atleast 6 months to a year that they havent had them.
Yeah you know he should have just bought one with his own money alongside all the other equipment he needs to test. What's another $800 right?

Nobody is comparing which to get. If you are buying new you get the 2080 it's not much more. Why would you buy old technology even if its new(not used) when it's already been replaced and cost almost the same? If you were looking used 1080ti then the 2080 is already out of the price for those people.
Old 21-09-18, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Yeah you know he should have just bought one with his own money alongside all the other equipment he needs to test. What's another $800 right?

Nobody is comparing which to get. If you are buying new you get the 2080 it's not much more. Why would you buy old technology even if its new(not used) when it's already been replaced and cost almost the same? If you were looking used 1080ti then the 2080 is already out of the price for those people.
Tons of people are comparing whether or not to get the 2080 or the 1080 ti because those are the most "reasonable" at this time and the 2080 hardly scratches that surface when you consider that its taking a 2080ti to run game demos with ray tracing at 1080p 60 fps and if thats the case then ray tracing as a tech is poinless for the 2080 and therefore shouldnt be considered in if you're going to buy it or not. The next thing is where I live the 2080 brand new is 1100 cad for the cheapest and the cheapest 1080 ti i can buy brand new is 870 cad so that right there is a huge chunk of change when considering as you said from what we can see they perform the same. Which basically leaves DLSS as the sole reason you would consider it and theres no guarantee that will kick off because it needs Devs to continue supporting it and as resolutions get higher the need for super sampling decreases.

As a review your job is to paint the CLEAREST possible picture and when you omit a card that people are still VERY much considering you arent helping consumers out and therefore become useless to consider for information.

I use to come to this site ALL the time because they had the largest amount of video cards tested HELL thats how i came to the conclusion of buying my hybrid 1080 ti, i use OC3D and another site that tested it, but now since they arent willing to test 1080 ti's what good are they to consumers looking at making a purchasing choice.
Old 21-09-18, 12:59 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Have your opinion sure. He can't have everything on hand. He buys everything with his own money. It's not a big deal in DX11 and DX12 they aren't far off. Only in Vulkan is it such a vast difference between the two

His review is clear. You cannot test everything. Many people in fact most people buy lower end cards. How come you don't complain about that? They hardly ever get the spotlight. Or does it not matter because it doesn't fit your situation? Just cross reference benchmarks. You've already done that by looking at others. Why can't you just cross reference? You do that when buying things to. I'm sure you've looked at multiple sites and multiple different cards to see which you want to buy and then looked up reviews. The whole point is to get as much information as possible. Being picky about one thing is a waste of time especially for one game.

You already know in nearly every game they are very close and less than 5%. The 2080 is not worth the money and that's reflective of the various websites who reviewed it. They are just to expensive for much gain. And because of this Nvidias stock has slightly fallen to the mixed reaction this launch has received, even the all the analyst noticed how little of a difference they are. It's not that complicated honestly dude. Especially all over one game.