Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 23-08-18, 01:33 PM
The Guvnor

MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC Review

The B450 chipset has been impressing everyone with its combination of price and performance, and so we're reviewing the MSI ATX Gaming Pro Carbon and seeing how it compares.

MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC Review

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 23-08-18, 01:39 PM
OC3D Elite

That's quite nice that. Almost like B350 Strix "I am cheap but I look expensive" nice.

I don't bother with wishlists though. I usually make them, then end up buying it all by the time the day is out lmao.

Old 23-08-18, 05:35 PM

Just as a "warning" so to speak - when you use a M.2 NVME drive it disables 2 of the SATA ports from functioning. This applies each time you use another M.2 slot, atleast it does on the AsRock build I just made for my work.

Dual Samsung 970 NVMEs in Raid 1 and it causes me to lose 4 SATA connections. Which left me with 4 available SATA slots since the motherboard had 8 to start with. This would have happened regardless of RAID or not.

This is just a warning as I said since if I used both M.2 slots on this MSI board I'd not have enough room SATA plug wise to get all the HDDs in place due to the M.2 use disabling one set (2) SATA slots each.

Again, this is on my ASRock board for the build at work, I don't know if this affects all boards that have M.2 slots... just trying to help with this info is all :P
Old 24-08-18, 02:47 AM
OC3D Crew

Actually looked through this one quite intently because I have this mobo sat on my desk waiting for me to get around to building; Just need vendors/nvidia to stop with the rip-off prices for 2 year old GPUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkdayzzz View Post
Just as a "warning" so to speak - when you use a M.2 NVME drive it disables 2 of the SATA ports from functioning. This applies each time you use another M.2 slot, atleast it does on the AsRock build I just made for my work.

Dual Samsung 970 NVMEs in Raid 1 and it causes me to lose 4 SATA connections. Which left me with 4 available SATA slots since the motherboard had 8 to start with. This would have happened regardless of RAID or not.

This is just a warning as I said since if I used both M.2 slots on this MSI board I'd not have enough room SATA plug wise to get all the HDDs in place due to the M.2 use disabling one set (2) SATA slots each.

Again, this is on my ASRock board for the build at work, I don't know if this affects all boards that have M.2 slots... just trying to help with this info is all :P
This is the block diagram from the user guide.

and in the specification:
Quote:
PCI_E2, PCI_E3, PCI_E4 and PCI_E5 slots will be unavailable when installing M.2 PCIe SSD in M2_2 slot.

SATA5 and SATA6 ports will be unavailable when installing a M.2 device in M2_1 slot.
M2_1 is the upper port, M2_2 is the lower
Asus B150M-A/m.2 -- Corsair AX760 -- Bitfenix Prodigy M[/CENTER]