Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 19-07-18, 01:00 PM
The Guvnor

Corsair's wildly popular H series of AIO CPU coolers returns with a newer version aimed at those seeking a quieter life.

Corsair H100i Pro AIO Cooler Review

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 19-07-18, 03:33 PM

Hi there! Used to be more active on here years ago, but I've kept watching your videos from time to time. This time I had to chime in with something

At around 9min 30sec (in the video review ofcourse) when you mentioned you wanted more options on the "GRAPHING" screen, I believe the "DASHBOARD" tab at the top of the software does exactly what you were asking for?

The Dashboard tab is basically Corsair's replacement for using HWmonitor and such..

I remember setting it up for fun at one point, it was a bit tricky to set up, but it will definitely give you graphs for GPU/CPU/MOBO/RAM temps and fan speed! If I remember correctly you have to start with all graphs and remove what you don't want.

i7 950 @ 4.0GHz | Noctua NH-D14 | GA-X58A-UD3R | 2x 5850 Crossfire | Corsair DDR3 6GB, 1600Mhz | Silverstone Raven 2

HTPC

X2 240 @ 2.8GHz | Noctua C12P SE-14 | MSI K9A2GM-V3 | HD 5750 | Kingston 4GB | Antec 300 White

Old 19-07-18, 03:45 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedgyK View Post
Hi there! Used to be more active on here years ago, but I've kept watching your videos from time to time. This time I had to chime in with something

At around 9min 30sec (in the video review ofcourse) when you mentioned you wanted more options on the "GRAPHING" screen, I believe the "DASHBOARD" tab at the top of the software does exactly what you were asking for?

The Dashboard tab is basically Corsair's replacement for using HWmonitor and such..

I remember setting it up for fun at one point, it was a bit tricky to set up, but it will definitely give you graphs for GPU/CPU/MOBO/RAM temps and fan speed! If I remember correctly you have to start with all graphs and remove what you don't want.

It was more of I think that it should be easily accessible and then when selected it links the fan speeds to cpu core #1 for example

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 19-07-18, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
It was more of I think that it should be easily accessible and then when selected it links the fan speeds to cpu core #1 for example
Oh ok, I get it now.. That would indeed make it a bit more functional.

i7 950 @ 4.0GHz | Noctua NH-D14 | GA-X58A-UD3R | 2x 5850 Crossfire | Corsair DDR3 6GB, 1600Mhz | Silverstone Raven 2

HTPC

X2 240 @ 2.8GHz | Noctua C12P SE-14 | MSI K9A2GM-V3 | HD 5750 | Kingston 4GB | Antec 300 White

Old 25-07-18, 09:19 AM

I've got an Noctua NH-D14 in a really fairly open Xigmatek mATX case. It's so quiet, I can barely tell when the machine is on. A mate got one of the Corsair H100-line (predecessor to this) and was astonished at how loud it was on pretty much every setting and several different fan makes on the rad, so I'm glad to see Corsair take noise seriously with this update.

Just interested though - is it really worth it? The cooling is at best on a par with the Noctua NH-D15 at 100% on the fans, and I'm guessing the fans on the air cooler are also at full tilt, too - how do they compare volume-wise?

When I'm doing a blender render or encoding or compiling a large project, I occasionally hear my computer - but given I can't do anything else when the machine is at full throttle anyway, I just go off and make a cup of tea and no longer hear it. Maybe it's just me but I don't get why someone would go for this instead of a good, quiet air cooler unless the cooling potential is significantly greater (is it? It doesn't seem that way from the graphs!).
Old 28-07-18, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobubba View Post
I've got an Noctua NH-D14 in a really fairly open Xigmatek mATX case. It's so quiet, I can barely tell when the machine is on. A mate got one of the Corsair H100-line (predecessor to this) and was astonished at how loud it was on pretty much every setting and several different fan makes on the rad, so I'm glad to see Corsair take noise seriously with this update.

Just interested though - is it really worth it? The cooling is at best on a par with the Noctua NH-D15 at 100% on the fans, and I'm guessing the fans on the air cooler are also at full tilt, too - how do they compare volume-wise?

When I'm doing a blender render or encoding or compiling a large project, I occasionally hear my computer - but given I can't do anything else when the machine is at full throttle anyway, I just go off and make a cup of tea and no longer hear it. Maybe it's just me but I don't get why someone would go for this instead of a good, quiet air cooler unless the cooling potential is significantly greater (is it? It doesn't seem that way from the graphs!).
I have a H100i V2 sitting in the bottom of my wardrobe. It's so SUPER loud no matter what, the pump whine even on "quiet" is still louder than my Cryorig H7 I've gone back to using. Worst purchase ever lol.
Old 28-07-18, 04:49 AM
AMD Enthusiast

My H100i V1 is silent. Never use stock fans. They all suck.

I've used Nidec Servo GTs's and now the new Noctua fans. The rarely spin above 1300rpm.
Old 28-07-18, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
My H100i V1 is silent. Never use stock fans. They all suck.

I've used Nidec Servo GTs's and now the new Noctua fans. The rarely spin above 1300rpm.
Yea I didn't use stock fans on the H100iV2 - used BeQuiet Silentwings, the pump whine was louder than the fans...
Old 28-07-18, 05:15 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2geek View Post
Yea I didn't use stock fans on the H100iV2 - used BeQuiet Silentwings, the pump whine was louder than the fans...
Should have RMA'd. I did 3 times before getting a pump that actually was quiet. It was only spinning ~250-300rpm slower than the loud ones. Now I have it full tilt and it's not any louder than anything else I have.
Old 11-08-18, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobubba View Post
I

imho not.

i run two threadrippers and a few ryzen 8 cores and all have noctua NH-D15 coolers.

they are inaudible at idle while i never had a water cooler that was inaudible.

thought under full load the air coolers are louder than a big 360 water cooler.

but i am more concerend about noise at idle or near idle (surfing, video watching etc .) than under full load.

i can accept the noise when under full load.