Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 10-07-18, 10:22 AM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 12,734
Monster Hunter World PC settings revealed - To have "parity with console versions"

Compcom says that "we're considering releasing a free update after launch".



Read more about Monster Hunter: World's PC graphical Options.

__________________
One of these days I'll change my name to Mark Bench
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-07-18, 11:19 AM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 13,129
I don't really have a problem with it having parity with consoles as long as they actually do work on optimisation so it doesn't take something that's 5 times more powerful than a console to get equal performance.
__________________
=Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.00GHz Delidded = Asus ROG Maximus X Formula Z370=
=Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3600MHz 2x8GB = Corsair Crystal 570X Red=
=Nvidia Titan Xp SW Galactic Empire C.E @ 2000/6000 = Corsair H150i Pro=
=Asus ROG Swift PG348Q 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440P G-Sync 100Hz IPS 4Ms=
=Steam - Dicehunter = Origin - Dicehunter = Uplay - DicehunterUPLAY=

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-07-18, 11:56 AM
Arne Saknussemm's Avatar
Arne Saknussemm Arne Saknussemm is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 96
Consoles: Dragging down PC gaming since 1983
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-07-18, 01:25 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 13,129
The price on Steam is a little nuts, £49.99 for a straight port from the consoles, The devs must be smoking something.

EDIT

Apparently the devs have put extra graphical features into the PC version, Textures and Fx are much sharper.

__________________
=Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.00GHz Delidded = Asus ROG Maximus X Formula Z370=
=Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3600MHz 2x8GB = Corsair Crystal 570X Red=
=Nvidia Titan Xp SW Galactic Empire C.E @ 2000/6000 = Corsair H150i Pro=
=Asus ROG Swift PG348Q 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440P G-Sync 100Hz IPS 4Ms=
=Steam - Dicehunter = Origin - Dicehunter = Uplay - DicehunterUPLAY=

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-07-18, 01:34 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 4,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
The price on Steam is a little nuts, £49.99 for a straight port from the consoles, The devs must be smoking something.
Same as Crew 2. Ultimate version is about 90euros...

Worst thing about that (I got it free with my card) was that it seems like they forgot to add a "quit game" feature in the main menu system, so they added it as an afterthought via the button "Y" for those using a controller.

And the horrendous voice acting in that.. good god, it felt like an early 90s arcade game from Japan. Like house of the dead 2. How this game went from the Crew 1 to this is too complex to imagine for me. 60 fps lock wasnt so bad though, graphically the game is ok. Sound effects could have been better though. Would have been nice to hear changes in turbo drop valves etc as you upgrade the part.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-07-18, 02:08 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 13,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Same as Crew 2. Ultimate version is about 90euros...

Worst thing about that (I got it free with my card) was that it seems like they forgot to add a "quit game" feature in the main menu system, so they added it as an afterthought via the button "Y" for those using a controller.

And the horrendous voice acting in that.. good god, it felt like an early 90s arcade game from Japan. Like house of the dead 2. How this game went from the Crew 1 to this is too complex to imagine for me. 60 fps lock wasnt so bad though, graphically the game is ok. Sound effects could have been better though. Would have been nice to hear changes in turbo drop valves etc as you upgrade the part.
Played Crew 1 for all of 2 hours, Never touched it after that, Really not my type of game, Way too arcadey.
__________________
=Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.00GHz Delidded = Asus ROG Maximus X Formula Z370=
=Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3600MHz 2x8GB = Corsair Crystal 570X Red=
=Nvidia Titan Xp SW Galactic Empire C.E @ 2000/6000 = Corsair H150i Pro=
=Asus ROG Swift PG348Q 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440P G-Sync 100Hz IPS 4Ms=
=Steam - Dicehunter = Origin - Dicehunter = Uplay - DicehunterUPLAY=

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-07-18, 02:14 PM
g0ggles1994's Avatar
g0ggles1994 g0ggles1994 is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Look Under Your Bed
Posts: 727
Actually forgot Monster Hunter World was getting a PC release. To be frank I'm more excited for Generations coming to the Switch.
__________________
A socket change a year keeps the proletariat in fear

Ryzen 1700X | MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | Corsair H100i v2 | 16GiB Corsair Vengeance LED Blue | XFX RX 480 8GiB
240GB Corsair Neutron GTX | 2 x 1TB HGST | Corsair RM850 CableMod | Corsair Carbide 400C
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-07-18, 04:36 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 4,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Played Crew 1 for all of 2 hours, Never touched it after that, Really not my type of game, Way too arcadey.
second one is 100times worse.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-07-18, 09:47 PM
JuKe JuKe is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Brazil
Posts: 9
There are a few screenshots showing that 4k and 60fps options will be available. And Capcom usually has some really good PC ports, like Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition.


Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-07-18, 08:10 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 4,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuKe View Post
There are a few screenshots showing that 4k and 60fps options will be available. And Capcom usually has some really good PC ports, like Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition.


Kinda disagree. For me they haven't produced any good ports albeit average at best. Then again, "good port" is subjective I suppose.

Maybe its because I am not a fan of arcade like games, and well, Capcom seem to only focus on that area.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 09:58 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.