Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 05-07-18, 10:12 AM
News Guru

Seagate launches their Barracuda lineup of SATA SSDs

Seagate has entered the SSD race!

Read more about Seagate's new Barracuda series of SSDs.

Old 05-07-18, 10:26 AM
Advanced Member

dont know if i am just lucky but never had a barracuda series drive die on me , unlike WD's , i do like this range hope their ssd's keep up the standard , prob jinxed myself now
Old 05-07-18, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
dont know if i am just lucky but never had a barracuda series drive die on me , unlike WD's , i do like this range hope their ssd's keep up the standard , prob jinxed myself now
With my computer store business I've seen so many dead Seagate drives of various models and sizes that I simply REFUSE anyone that asks for one and they will get a far superior Western Digital drive instead. Not saying that WD is failproof but for every dead WD drive I get there are at LEAST 25 dead seagates.

Even though these are SSD models I will still not entertain any thought whatsoever so getting one.

The ONLY SSD's that I sell are Samsungs and Western Digitals. Absolutely nothing else.
Old 05-07-18, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digikid View Post
With my computer store business I've seen so many dead Seagate drives of various models and sizes that I simply REFUSE anyone that asks for one and they will get a far superior Western Digital drive instead. Not saying that WD is failproof but for every dead WD drive I get there are at LEAST 25 dead seagates.

Even though these are SSD models I will still not entertain any thought whatsoever so getting one.

The ONLY SSD's that I sell are Samsungs and Western Digitals. Absolutely nothing else.
And here I am having had both 2 seagates 2TB HDDs and 2 WD 2TB HDDs in my current gaming rig alongside 2 SSDs....all 4 HDDs have been going strong for 6 years and still have given me zero problems.

I've had failures before from both brands but that was years ago, so they both seem to have gotten a lot better after 2010 or so lol. Least in my opinion!

I don't have a preference to either nor bad experiences with one over the other.
Old 06-07-18, 07:17 AM
OC3D Elite

I've always been a WD fan. I have some black drives in my server, and they are still going strong after over 9 years of 24/7 use...