Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 04-07-18, 03:03 PM
News Guru

Intel accidentally reveals the specifications of most of their 9th Generation process

Expect moderate clock speed bumps over 8th Gen.

Read more about Intel's accidental reveal of their 9th Generation CPU specs.

Old 04-07-18, 07:36 PM
OC3D Elite

No see this is what I was talking about the other day. This is not accidental at all. It is deliberately aimed to get people excited so they say "Ooo, look accidental spec release !".

It's not that way at all. *Everything* is an accidental leak these days for god's sake. What better way to appeal to a human than to give him something he is not supposed to have. That is human nature and how we are. We don't want things we can have, we want the things we can't.

Same reason the rectal douches all walk in the cycle paths down here, rather than the sodding path right next to them !

This is all marketing BS and people fall for it time and time again. Come on guys, have the intelligence to see through it or we are doomed as a race.

Old 04-07-18, 07:53 PM
Resident Newb

I'm with Alien on this, No such thing as leaks, It's information sent out to various venues and labelled as a "leak" to get people excited, I'm amazed more people don't have the intelligence to see this.

Old 04-07-18, 08:00 PM
OC3D Elite

I thought this was common knowledge? Or so I had hoped. Lord knows I don't need any MORE reasons to wish the zombie apocalypse happens!

Old 04-07-18, 09:16 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I'm with Alien on this, No such thing as leaks, It's information sent out to various venues and labelled as a "leak" to get people excited, I'm amazed more people don't have the intelligence to see this.
Companies like Intel and Nvidia are large fry. IE - if you leak their crap you will pay millions of dollars. Any one who has ever signed an NDA will understand what I am talking about. They are incredibly strict, and Intel and Nvidia *always* put measures in place so that if a leak does occur they will know exactly who it came from and where.

So, the next time there is a "leak" I want to see the proof of lawsuits and fines paid. Otherwise it would make a complete mockery not only of the NDA as a rule but also the company who was dumb enough not to protect their secrets.

As an example (and believe me I am about as small fry as it gets) years ago if I was testing software I had made and wanted people to test it I would mark the software, then draw a map showing whose software had a mark where. It worked superbly well, I managed to catch some ahole who thought he could have one over on me by leaking my crap.

Later on in life I signed an NDA (it ended up going nowhere, but I was supposed to be drawing for a company) and believe me they are strict down to the bloody letter.

Old 05-07-18, 08:34 AM
Advanced Member

An NDA is part of my work right now. I also signed an NDA once and while reading through it, all you think is "woa, better not talk to anybody about this :X"

I'm also with you Alien, nothing shouts "Intentional!" more than an "accidental leak".
Old 05-07-18, 09:55 AM
OC3D Elite

An intentional disappoint with yet another minor bump. Can't remember the last time I was enthralled by a CPU. Maybe pre Zen launch days.

Intel has gone a little stale for me. I guess they are just doing this to keep some form of revenue flowing while their disasterous 10nm fab continues to bleed money.
Old 05-07-18, 08:20 PM
OC3D Elite

Still waiting on CFL (no KBL rebrand) laptops and they're not even here yet.

But yeah, intentional leak for sure.

Old 06-07-18, 07:00 PM
OC3D Elite

First thread I like in ages, especially with Aliens and everyones smashing of it not being ”accidental”. Love it!
Old 07-07-18, 01:27 PM
Old N Gold

What if they bring i9's to the standard desktop range?

i3 - 4c/4t
i5 - 6c/6t
i7 - 6c/12t
i9 - 8c/16t
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX