Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 10-06-18, 10:18 PM
News Guru

Microsoft is "deep into architecting" their next Xbox Console

Microsoft is "deep into architecting" their next Xbox Console. Both Sony and Microsoft are working on new consoles.

Read more about Microsoft being "deep into architecting" their next Xbox Console.

Old 10-06-18, 10:44 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Give us 8 cores on nothing less than a Zen based architecture and roughly 10TFLOPS GPU and it should be pretty easy to do in a few years time as power consumption gets better and efficiency in regards to perf/watt
Old 10-06-18, 11:16 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Give us 8 cores on nothing less than a Zen based architecture and roughly 10TFLOPS GPU and it should be pretty easy to do in a few years time as power consumption gets better and efficiency in regards to perf/watt
They're gonna have to have actual exclusives you can't get anywhere else to entice people because they've don e a crap job this generation.
=Asus ROG Swift PG348Q 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440P G-Sync 100Hz IPS 4Ms=
=Steam - Dicehunter = Origin - Dicehunter = Uplay - DicehunterUPLAY=

Old 10-06-18, 11:22 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
They're gonna have to have actual exclusives you can't get anywhere else to entice people because they've don e a crap job this generation.

Yep. The Play Anywhere Program while having good intentions is a huge bullet in Microsoft's foot since the ability to play Xbox games on PC completely negates getting one in the first place. Plus the distinct lack of exclusives as you said really does not help at all either.

Ryzen 1700X | MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | Corsair H100i v2 | 16GiB Corsair Vengeance LED Blue | XFX RX 480 8GiB
240GB Corsair Neutron GTX | 2 x 1TB HGST | Corsair RM850 CableMod | Corsair Carbide 400C
Old 10-06-18, 11:59 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
Yep. The Play Anywhere Program while having good intentions is a huge bullet in Microsoft's foot since the ability to play Xbox games on PC completely negates getting one in the first place. Plus the distinct lack of exclusives as you said really does not help at all either.
Yeah, but to be honest there are a lot of PC gamers that simply wouldn't own an Xbox.

While in one way it may be a shot in the foot for Xbox, it isn't if it means more total game sales. Then there is also the cross-save feature for Xbox Play Anywhere, which could be attractive for some users, especially for the PC gamers but "I'm buying an Xbox One S as a 4K Blu-ray player" crowd.

If Microsoft's plans are eventually to move away from hardware, PC for the high-end + Streaming for the low-end could be the best way to go.

It would be interesting to see how much Xbox Play Anywhere has earned Xbox/Microsoft.
Old 11-06-18, 12:50 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Yeah, but to be honest there are a lot of PC gamers that simply wouldn't own an Xbox.

While in one way it may be a shot in the foot for Xbox, it isn't if it means more total game sales. Then there is also the cross-save feature for Xbox Play Anywhere, which could be attractive for some users, especially for the PC gamers but "I'm buying an Xbox One S as a 4K Blu-ray player" crowd.

If Microsoft's plans are eventually to move away from hardware, PC for the high-end + Streaming for the low-end could be the best way to go.

It would be interesting to see how much Xbox Play Anywhere has earned Xbox/Microsoft.
It me.
Love my Xbox for UHD content but still have a thrash on some games from time to time. Would rather play battlefield with a mouse and keyboard any day but there's something to be said for a big comfy chair and 65" screens. Where it comes into it's own is things like NHL 17 playing against a mate in the same room. I'm rubbish at FIFA but it's also awesome fun.
I also quite like being able to only buy one copy of things like Forza Horizon and pick up where I left off and not two copies of GTA V like I had for PS3/PC.

Where the online only distribution strategy is risky is in places like AUS with crap internet pricing and availability. Lots of people 20km from a capital city and on limited fixed wireless broadband. Then our useless government appointed internet company chief blames gamers for stealing all the bandwidth... FFS. Yeah fortnite takes up way more bandwidth than 4k Netflix....

Old 11-06-18, 04:34 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Very true.

Meanwhile Sony, who mind you has a laughable amount of money in comparison, just pushes out exclusive games like nothing that are all just amazing games.
Old 11-06-18, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
Well they don't make much money off the boxes themselves anyway. So they probably don't see it as much of a loss. Only difference to them is the XBL subscriptions, otherwise the amount they make on those games is the same.

And as others said, it's generally for those that wouldn't get an Xbox anyway.