Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 10-05-18, 05:48 PM
News Guru

Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia PC Performance Review

Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia is here. Kings Will Rise, but will your PC falter?

Read more about Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia's PC performance.

Old 10-05-18, 06:30 PM
AMD Enthusiast

I think you were being slightly too harsh about the multi threading support. I mean we all know the Attila Engine was awful and expecting to much more certainly should have been out of the equation. I don't think comparing it to the newer TW3 Engine used in Warhammer is practical considering those were fully fleshed out titles rather than a spin off.

But all things considered the engine is MUCH better than the Attila one. That said I do still agree that 32bit and lack of Multi threading improvements were horrible ideas and should have at least had more work gone into it. But it's a spin off. So I guess as long as it was better than before they thought it was okay.

I also agree on having separate settings for Campaign and Battles. They are so VASTLY different in what they really stress on the system that it makes little sense to switch settings all the time. Which is something people with lower end hardware have to do.
Old 10-05-18, 07:07 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I think you were being slightly too harsh about the multi threading support. I mean we all know the Attila Engine was awful and expecting to much more certainly should have been out of the equation. I don't think comparing it to the newer TW3 Engine used in Warhammer is practical considering those were fully fleshed out titles rather than a spin off.

But all things considered the engine is MUCH better than the Attila one. That said I do still agree that 32bit and lack of Multi threading improvements were horrible ideas and should have at least had more work gone into it. But it's a spin off. So I guess as long as it was better than before they thought it was okay.

I also agree on having separate settings for Campaign and Battles. They are so VASTLY different in what they really stress on the system that it makes little sense to switch settings all the time. Which is something people with lower end hardware have to do.
I think it is accurate to say that my harshness could stem from my love for the series, as a sincerely hope that Creative Assembly can take some of my criticisms to heart.

Yeah, I think the best thing that they can do is split campaign and battle settings, though obviously some things like unit sizes will be shared between both modes.

As I have said in the review, I like the game, I look forward to playing more, but the focus here is on performance and when there is a major shortcoming it needs to be discussed in detail.

TBH I am very excited to see what CA bring to the table with Three Kingdoms. I'm very excited to see what CA can do with a historical Total War on the latest iteration of their Warscape engine.
Old 10-05-18, 07:48 PM
AMD Enthusiast

I understand and I am in the same boat as you.

I won't be getting it though. I just don't think it's worth it. We already had a ton of other Viking themed gameplay in Attila and playing more of it for the sake of different features doesn't interest me for the money.

I don't have much hope for 3K myself. China is boring to me and with how Britannia and Warhammer 2 have gone I am not excited.