Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 21-04-18, 07:43 PM
News Guru

Netflix's The Witcher series will have eight episodes and set to release in 2020

The series will be unrelated to the book series and its video game adaptation.

Read more about Netflix's planned The Witcher TV series.

Old 21-04-18, 10:09 PM
AMD Enthusiast

This is based off the book. She is using characters that aren't in the games.

It'll probably be a different plot because the find ciri plot has been done a lot. Maybe something along the lines of the first 2 prologue short stories that doesn't mention ciri.
Old 22-04-18, 07:22 PM

Been playing Witcher 3, absolutely loving it so far. Here's hoping the show follows up on the franchise's success!
Old 22-04-18, 07:24 PM

Cleaned the thread up, let's keep to the topic please.

Old 23-04-18, 09:40 PM
OC3D Elite

I am mildly curious to this, seeing as I enjoyed the games.

Old 23-04-18, 11:27 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheF34RChannel View Post
I am mildly curious to this, seeing as I enjoyed the games.
Should read the books too. They all are terrific(the books and games that is). I would suggest it because you do get to see a lot of different characters in the books and based off what we know and what the writer has talked about, it'll have more characters than the Witcher 3. I really hope we get more Regis personally, he's a simple yet complex character in both the game and series.
Old 24-04-18, 10:16 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Should read the books too. They all are terrific(the books and games that is). I would suggest it because you do get to see a lot of different characters in the books and based off what we know and what the writer has talked about, it'll have more characters than the Witcher 3. I really hope we get more Regis personally, he's a simple yet complex character in both the game and series.
I'll put it on my list, thanks!
Old 25-04-18, 07:59 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Is it a long series? you have my interest!
Old 25-04-18, 05:46 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Is it a long series? you have my interest!
There are two short stories that Sapkowski wrote before he actually started a series so if you include those two there are 9 books I believe. The last one hasn't released in the US yet and as far as I know takes place in between the short stories.

The chronological order to which you should read them.
Short stories:
The Last Wish
The Sword of Destiny
Series:
Blood of Elves
The Time of Contempt
Baptism of Fire
The Tower of Swallows
The Lady of the Lake(currently halfway through)

And then the newest one which again takes place in between the short stories and does not spoil the series so it could technically be read as the second book, Season of Storms. However seeing as it was written last it probably should be read last as Sapkowski wrote it this way.

So if that's long or not I'm not sure. To me it is because I don't read books that often. But as for the length they progressively get longer. Around 300 pages to 500 pages in the books I own. Depends on the print I suppose.

Also while technically you can skip the short stories because you know about the universe already from the game I really suggest you still read them. If I remember correctly the first book actually goes through the events of how the realtionship between geralt and Yen forms.
Old 25-04-18, 05:50 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
This is based off the book. She is using characters that aren't in the games.

It'll probably be a different plot because the find ciri plot has been done a lot. Maybe something along the lines of the first 2 prologue short stories that doesn't mention ciri.
The article states:

"Hissrich made it clear that the show would be unrelated to both the book series and its video game adaptations, acting as a standalone product and a unique adaptation."

That would be bad news for die hard fans of the books. It might still turn out well if done right, but most readers would prefer following the book closely I think. I hate the phrase "unique adaptation" here! I must find somewhere to steal these books for my Kindle and see how well they're written!