Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 27-03-18, 11:30 AM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 14,794
Nvidia - "We're Not Anywhere Near Close" to meeting GPU demand

"It's a good problem to have" - Jensen Huang



Read more about Nvidia's admission that they are "Not Anywhere Near Close" to meeting GPU demand.

__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 27-03-18, 11:47 AM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,369
A good problem if you just so happen to be called Jensen Huang.

Oh and BTW just for the record I am 100% sticking to the fact that they won't ramp up production in fear of getting stuck holding the baby. You can insult me all you like, it doesn't make me wrong.
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 27-03-18, 11:51 AM
g0ggles1994's Avatar
g0ggles1994 g0ggles1994 is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Look Under Your Bed
Posts: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
A good problem if you just so happen to be called Jensen Huang.

Oh and BTW just for the record I am 100% sticking to the fact that they won't ramp up production in fear of getting stuck holding the baby. You can insult me all you like, it doesn't make me wrong.
I was just thinking that, laughing all the way to the bank no doubt.

Same goes for the production, I reckon they won't ramp it up because most gamers are now waiting for the 2000 series to come into play rather than being a 1000 series card.
__________________
Ryzen 1700X @ 3.6GHz | MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | Corsair H100i v2 | 16GiB Corsair Vengeance LED Blue
ASUS RoG Strix Vega64 8GiB | 240GB Corsair Neutron GTX | 1TB HGST | Corsair RM850 CableMod | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 27-03-18, 12:00 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
I was just thinking that, laughing all the way to the bank no doubt.

Same goes for the production, I reckon they won't ramp it up because most gamers are now waiting for the 2000 series to come into play rather than being a 1000 series card.
I don't blame them for not doing it. Mining is not something that will remain forever because like I said, eventually the money runs out. Thus I would not want to be stuck holding 200k GPUs.

They could turn what is a fantastic situation into a nightmare.

Besides prices are dropping. It is now starting to become uneconomical in the UK and other places, which has already reflected in the used market. I saw a GTX 980 go for £150 two days back and there is a flood of 1080s on there for mid £400s.
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 27-03-18, 12:17 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Under Your Bed
Posts: 13,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
A good problem if you just so happen to be called Jensen Huang.

Oh and BTW just for the record I am 100% sticking to the fact that they won't ramp up production in fear of getting stuck holding the baby. You can insult me all you like, it doesn't make me wrong.
Err...why would any of us insult you for saying that ?

You confooz me
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 27-03-18, 12:20 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Err...why would any of us insult you for saying that ?

You confooz me
I was just sticking it in there for the guy who started hurling insults at me last week for stating my view on it.
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 27-03-18, 01:14 PM
g0ggles1994's Avatar
g0ggles1994 g0ggles1994 is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Look Under Your Bed
Posts: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
I don't blame them for not doing it. Mining is not something that will remain forever because like I said, eventually the money runs out. Thus I would not want to be stuck holding 200k GPUs.

They could turn what is a fantastic situation into a nightmare.

Besides prices are dropping. It is now starting to become uneconomical in the UK and other places, which has already reflected in the used market. I saw a GTX 980 go for £150 two days back and there is a flood of 1080s on there for mid £400s.
Honestly, if I was rich I'd buy all of them, set up a free range GPU ranch and let them live their remaining lives in peace away from the mines
__________________
Ryzen 1700X @ 3.6GHz | MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | Corsair H100i v2 | 16GiB Corsair Vengeance LED Blue
ASUS RoG Strix Vega64 8GiB | 240GB Corsair Neutron GTX | 1TB HGST | Corsair RM850 CableMod | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 27-03-18, 01:30 PM
hmmblah's Avatar
hmmblah hmmblah is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
Honestly, if I was rich I'd buy all of them, set up a free range GPU ranch and let them live their remaining lives in peace away from the mines
LOL I actually pictured an old ranch hand leaning on a fence with a bunch of bull sized GPUs with horns grazing nearby.
__________________
CaseLabs Mercury S3 | i7 4790k | Maximus VII Impact | GTX1080 | 16GB DDR3 | 512GB NVMe
Acer Predator Z35P | Corsair K70 LUX RGB Cherry MX Brown | Corsair Scimitar Black MMO Gaming Mouse


Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 27-03-18, 01:38 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmblah View Post
LOL I actually pictured an old ranch hand leaning on a fence with a bunch of bull sized GPUs with horns grazing nearby.
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 27-03-18, 02:27 PM
hmmblah's Avatar
hmmblah hmmblah is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,427
Well, that's just depressing. Not quite what I was imagining.
__________________
CaseLabs Mercury S3 | i7 4790k | Maximus VII Impact | GTX1080 | 16GB DDR3 | 512GB NVMe
Acer Predator Z35P | Corsair K70 LUX RGB Cherry MX Brown | Corsair Scimitar Black MMO Gaming Mouse


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 06:21 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.