Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 26-03-18, 02:06 PM
Resident Newb

Incoming 1080 Ti Stock

Thought this needed its own post rather than getting lost in Quick News.

Nvidia just posted on their Facebook that they will imminently have 1080 Ti stock, Act QUICK, Repeatedly mash F5 !!!

https://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/10series/geforce-gtx-1080-ti/#buy-now

Old 26-03-18, 02:31 PM
OC3D Elite

Great news for people who water cool or are hearing impaired.
Old 26-03-18, 02:36 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Thought this needed its own post rather than getting lost in Quick News.

Nvidia just posted on their Facebook that they will imminently have 1080 Ti stock, Act QUICK !!!

https://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/10series/buy/

Good find Dice. As said in the article Nvidia direct storefront makes things a little problematic for AIBs and retailers, as Nvidia is just absorbing their profits.

Read more about Nvidia selling GTX Founders Edition GPUs at MSRP.
Old 26-03-18, 02:47 PM

They were only in stock on the US site for a single minute. A friend of mine had it in his cart, then took the time to send me a screenshot. By the time he got through the checkout it went OoS so he missed it.

Old 26-03-18, 02:48 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmblah View Post
They were only in stock on the US site for a single minute. A friend of mine had it in his cart, then took the time to send me a screenshot. By the time he got through the checkout it went OoS so he missed it.
Was about 30 seconds on the UK site before they were all gone

If this is what it's going to be like as well for cards going forwards then I can honestly see future PC gaming not being a viable option any more even for enthusiasts due to this mining malarkey.

Old 26-03-18, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Was about 30 seconds on the UK site before they were all gone
LOL, could have been 30 seconds on the US site too. Either way it was fast. Titan XP still in stock though.

Old 26-03-18, 02:52 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
LOL, could have been 30 seconds on the US site too. Either way it was fast. Titan XP still in stock though.
All gone in the UK, Everything XD

Old 26-03-18, 02:56 PM

Quote:
If this is what it's going to be like as well for cards going forwards then I can honestly see future PC gaming not being a viable option any more even for enthusiasts due to this mining malarkey.
I hate the current market. I read an article the other day about an IT professional who quit his job and went mining 100%. He had 255 cards in his farm. I wanted to gut the guy.

Quote:
All gone in the UK, Everything XD

Deep pockets on your side of the pond!

Old 26-03-18, 03:01 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
I hate the current market. I read an article the other day about an IT professional who quit his job and went mining 100%. He had 255 cards in his farm. I wanted to gut the guy.
I wanted to buy my little brother in Germany a 1080 Ti for his birthday this coming June when I go over and see him, Go into his apartment when he's at work, Install the card and ask him to show me a game on his rig **without telling him I've installed anything** so I can see the performance and then watch his face light up as the frames go through the roof, Would have been a nice upgrade from a GTX 970 that I got him a few years ago.

Quote:
Deep pockets on your side of the pond!
Just a bit, Someone on the Nvidia Facebook page messaged me saying -

"You selling your Titan Xp ? I'll give you the full retail price you paid and pay shipping if interested"

I said no obviously but some very well off people here

Old 26-03-18, 03:14 PM

Quote:
I wanted to buy my little brother in Germany a 1080 Ti for his birthday this coming June when I go over and see him, Go into his apartment when he's at work, Install the card and ask him to show me a game on his rig **without telling him I've installed anything** so I can see the performance and then watch his face light up as the frames go through the roof, Would have been a nice upgrade from a GTX 970 that I got him a few years ago.
That would be awesome, I'd love to see the look on his face when he realizes it's a different card.

Quote:
Just a bit, Someone on the Nvidia Facebook page messaged me saying -

"You selling your Titan Xp ? I'll give you the full retail price you paid and pay shipping if interested"

I said no obviously but some very well off people here
Remember when buying a video card was like buying a car? As soon as it's purchased it depreciates in value. Now though if you're lucky enough to buy a card as MSRP you can use it for awhile then sell it for a profit....Good luck replacing it though.