Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 26-03-18, 02:06 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Under Your Bed
Posts: 13,023
Incoming 1080 Ti Stock

Thought this needed its own post rather than getting lost in Quick News.

Nvidia just posted on their Facebook that they will imminently have 1080 Ti stock, Act QUICK, Repeatedly mash F5 !!!

https://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/10series/geforce-gtx-1080-ti/#buy-now



__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 26-03-18, 02:31 PM
looz's Avatar
looz looz is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,217
Great news for people who water cool or are hearing impaired.
__________________
i7 8700k - 16GB - 2060 FE - 512GB 970 & 850 EVO - AKG K702
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 26-03-18, 02:36 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 14,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Thought this needed its own post rather than getting lost in Quick News.

Nvidia just posted on their Facebook that they will imminently have 1080 Ti stock, Act QUICK !!!

https://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/10series/buy/


Good find Dice. As said in the article Nvidia direct storefront makes things a little problematic for AIBs and retailers, as Nvidia is just absorbing their profits.



Read more about Nvidia selling GTX Founders Edition GPUs at MSRP.
__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 26-03-18, 02:47 PM
hmmblah's Avatar
hmmblah hmmblah is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,419
They were only in stock on the US site for a single minute. A friend of mine had it in his cart, then took the time to send me a screenshot. By the time he got through the checkout it went OoS so he missed it.
__________________
CaseLabs Mercury S3 | i7 4790k | Maximus VII Impact | GTX1080 | 16GB DDR3 | 512GB NVMe
Acer Predator Z35P | Corsair K70 LUX RGB Cherry MX Brown | Corsair Scimitar Black MMO Gaming Mouse


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 26-03-18, 02:48 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Under Your Bed
Posts: 13,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmblah View Post
They were only in stock on the US site for a single minute. A friend of mine had it in his cart, then took the time to send me a screenshot. By the time he got through the checkout it went OoS so he missed it.
Was about 30 seconds on the UK site before they were all gone

If this is what it's going to be like as well for cards going forwards then I can honestly see future PC gaming not being a viable option any more even for enthusiasts due to this mining malarkey.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 26-03-18, 02:51 PM
hmmblah's Avatar
hmmblah hmmblah is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Was about 30 seconds on the UK site before they were all gone
LOL, could have been 30 seconds on the US site too. Either way it was fast. Titan XP still in stock though.
__________________
CaseLabs Mercury S3 | i7 4790k | Maximus VII Impact | GTX1080 | 16GB DDR3 | 512GB NVMe
Acer Predator Z35P | Corsair K70 LUX RGB Cherry MX Brown | Corsair Scimitar Black MMO Gaming Mouse


Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 26-03-18, 02:52 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Under Your Bed
Posts: 13,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmblah View Post
LOL, could have been 30 seconds on the US site too. Either way it was fast. Titan XP still in stock though.
All gone in the UK, Everything XD

__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 26-03-18, 02:56 PM
hmmblah's Avatar
hmmblah hmmblah is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
If this is what it's going to be like as well for cards going forwards then I can honestly see future PC gaming not being a viable option any more even for enthusiasts due to this mining malarkey.
I hate the current market. I read an article the other day about an IT professional who quit his job and went mining 100%. He had 255 cards in his farm. I wanted to gut the guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
All gone in the UK, Everything XD

Deep pockets on your side of the pond!
__________________
CaseLabs Mercury S3 | i7 4790k | Maximus VII Impact | GTX1080 | 16GB DDR3 | 512GB NVMe
Acer Predator Z35P | Corsair K70 LUX RGB Cherry MX Brown | Corsair Scimitar Black MMO Gaming Mouse


Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 26-03-18, 03:01 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Under Your Bed
Posts: 13,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmblah View Post
I hate the current market. I read an article the other day about an IT professional who quit his job and went mining 100%. He had 255 cards in his farm. I wanted to gut the guy.
I wanted to buy my little brother in Germany a 1080 Ti for his birthday this coming June when I go over and see him, Go into his apartment when he's at work, Install the card and ask him to show me a game on his rig **without telling him I've installed anything** so I can see the performance and then watch his face light up as the frames go through the roof, Would have been a nice upgrade from a GTX 970 that I got him a few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmblah View Post
Deep pockets on your side of the pond!
Just a bit, Someone on the Nvidia Facebook page messaged me saying -

"You selling your Titan Xp ? I'll give you the full retail price you paid and pay shipping if interested"

I said no obviously but some very well off people here
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 26-03-18, 03:14 PM
hmmblah's Avatar
hmmblah hmmblah is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I wanted to buy my little brother in Germany a 1080 Ti for his birthday this coming June when I go over and see him, Go into his apartment when he's at work, Install the card and ask him to show me a game on his rig **without telling him I've installed anything** so I can see the performance and then watch his face light up as the frames go through the roof, Would have been a nice upgrade from a GTX 970 that I got him a few years ago.
That would be awesome, I'd love to see the look on his face when he realizes it's a different card.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Just a bit, Someone on the Nvidia Facebook page messaged me saying -

"You selling your Titan Xp ? I'll give you the full retail price you paid and pay shipping if interested"

I said no obviously but some very well off people here
Remember when buying a video card was like buying a car? As soon as it's purchased it depreciates in value. Now though if you're lucky enough to buy a card as MSRP you can use it for awhile then sell it for a profit....Good luck replacing it though.
__________________
CaseLabs Mercury S3 | i7 4790k | Maximus VII Impact | GTX1080 | 16GB DDR3 | 512GB NVMe
Acer Predator Z35P | Corsair K70 LUX RGB Cherry MX Brown | Corsair Scimitar Black MMO Gaming Mouse


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 03:02 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.