Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 07-03-18, 11:43 AM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 14,796
AMD Ryzen 2nd Gen + 400-series Chipset leaks - performance, pricing and more

Wait... there isn't a 2800X?



Read more about AMD's Ryzen 2nd Generation CPU and 400-series chipset.

__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-03-18, 12:07 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Under Your Bed
Posts: 13,122
Having seen the "leaked" benchmarks of the 2700X vs a 1700, I'm not too impressed, In Timespy's Physics test the 1700 is literally 300 points behind the 2700X.

I'm hoping those tests are extremely fake and it's a viable upgrade from an 1800X.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-03-18, 12:49 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Having seen the "leaked" benchmarks of the 2700X vs a 1700, I'm not too impressed, In Timespy's Physics test the 1700 is literally 300 points behind the 2700X.

I'm hoping those tests are extremely fake and it's a viable upgrade from an 1800X.
300 points in CB is a lot. My 14 core BE is "only" 300 points ahead of a fully clocked 1800x but that is still enough to go from 1800-2100 or more. The best score I got was around 2180 with odd cores overclocked (CB didn't seem to mind).

Those are big numbers dude, especially for a refresh. That should put it in line with my 14/28 BE running 2.9ghz.

I am not surprised there is no 2800x. The 1800x was totally pointless. Having never touched Ryzen before or even so much as entered the BIOS on a Ryzen board I OCed my mate's 1700 by proxy to 3.9ghz in about 25 minutes over Skype. If I had the board in my possession that would have been about ten seconds.
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-03-18, 12:57 PM
Vintage-x Vintage-x is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 5
look in the bottom left hand corner of some of the slides.

Says embargo lift 25th march 2017.

Either a typo or fake
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-03-18, 01:06 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Under Your Bed
Posts: 13,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
300 points in CB is a lot. My 14 core BE is "only" 300 points ahead of a fully clocked 1800x but that is still enough to go from 1800-2100 or more. The best score I got was around 2180 with odd cores overclocked (CB didn't seem to mind).

Those are big numbers dude, especially for a refresh. That should put it in line with my 14/28 BE running 2.9ghz.

I am not surprised there is no 2800x. The 1800x was totally pointless. Having never touched Ryzen before or even so much as entered the BIOS on a Ryzen board I OCed my mate's 1700 by proxy to 3.9ghz in about 25 minutes over Skype. If I had the board in my possession that would have been about ten seconds.
I never said Cinebench, I said Timespy and I got it wrong it wasn't 300 points in Timespy it was 83 points which is margin of error -

__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-03-18, 01:08 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,374
Ah sorry dude brain misfire :S

TBH 3Dmark has never really liked AMD CPUs at all. You need to remember though this is literally a refresh. Intel got 3-5% so yeah, don't be over hopeful. It might turn out to be equally as pointless as buying every Intel refresh, too. Might wanna skip a couple then get one.
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-03-18, 01:14 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Under Your Bed
Posts: 13,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Ah sorry dude brain misfire :S

TBH 3Dmark has never really liked AMD CPUs at all. You need to remember though this is literally a refresh. Intel got 3-5% so yeah, don't be over hopeful. It might turn out to be equally as pointless as buying every Intel refresh, too. Might wanna skip a couple then get one.
Yeah true, I play at 1440P and 4K which aren't exactly CPU limited, Depending on Toms review I may get the 2700X IF it does offer a good perf bump, If not I'll wait for Ryzen 2
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-03-18, 01:26 PM
The Zealot The Zealot is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: London, UK
Posts: 14
The bottom two charts, the ones comparing gaming performance, actually say "AMD Ryzen 5 launch - April 11 2017".

I mean, come on OC3D, you're not even trying. In any case, you guys should have gone to Specsavers.

Oh yeah, (this is hilarious) I'm not even wearing my glasses right now and I still was able to see it!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-03-18, 01:39 PM
ET3D ET3D is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 73
What's not clear to me is how the 2700X can get lower FPS in Crysis 3, considering the faster clocks and supposed architectural improvements.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-03-18, 03:48 PM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
Old N Gold
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,659
This looks remarkably still like a refresh. X470 motherboards with good cooling will see out of the box superior performance, but X370 users should be able to overclock their 2000 series CPUs to similar clock speeds. From what we've been shown, the only gains appear to be in clock speed and under the hood efficiencies, which are really not that essential for enthusiasts.
__________________
ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero ⁞⁞ Ryzen 1600X 4Ghz ⁞⁞ Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT ⁞⁞ Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps ⁞⁞ G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz
Jonsbo W2 ⁞⁞ Corsair AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung 960 EVO 250GB & 850 EVO 500GB
⁞⁞ Western Digital 1TB Blue & 3TB Green
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 07:01 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.