Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 06-03-18, 01:56 PM
News Guru

Grand Theft Auto VI is rumoured to return to Vice City with a Female lead

Would you like to return to Vice City?

Read more about GTA's rumoured return to Vice City in GTA VI.

Old 06-03-18, 02:28 PM
Advanced Member

A female lead!!

I know it'll upset a lot of idiots, but to see a major franchise make a switch like that would be fantastic. Still a long way to go, but things like this are helping break the stereotype surrounding gamers, hopefully leading to a better gender balance in the future, especially in the PC scene.
Old 06-03-18, 02:55 PM
OC3D Crew

Hell yes for Vice City! And I know it's been done already but a full 80's Vice City would be perfect. With the missions in South America being part of a story arc involving the Columbian Drug Cartels.

Personally I don't care if GTA VI has a female protag, hell it might breathe some fresh air into the franchise and get rid of some of the toxicity in the fanbase. I just hope Rockstar North don't turn it into a virtue signalling mess and keep it to what makes GTA so good in the first place. Trying to force any sort of progressive political agenda down your fanbase's throat is an easy death sentence for a franchise
Old 06-03-18, 04:49 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layer Cakes View Post
A female lead!!

I know it'll upset a lot of idiots, but to see a major franchise make a switch like that would be fantastic. Still a long way to go, but things like this are helping break the stereotype surrounding gamers, hopefully leading to a better gender balance in the future, especially in the PC scene.
Yeah, THB I am surprised that they didn't do it in GTA V with the multiple protagonist thing. I don't really see the downside, there will be a vocal minority that will hate it, but who cares about them.
Old 06-03-18, 04:53 PM
Compo Whore

Quote:
A female lead!!

i'm all for it tbh, or at least have a choice

fallout 4 was a lot of fun playing as a female
Old 06-03-18, 05:08 PM
Old N Gold

I love playing as a female character in a game. There's so much variety of story to tell with this type of franchise when playing as a woman, something that hasn't really been done before. What other game has you playing as an immoral, murderous, thieving woman?

That would be a long life-cycle for GTA V if VI doesn't come out until 2022 (and of course it'll be postponed until 2023). GTA IV came out 2008 and GTA V came out 2013. That's five years to the ten that could be between V and VI. I'd wager the success of GTA Online is the cause for that.

I've kind of lost interest in the GTA series to be honest. Rockstar and Take Two ruined the online experience for me when it could have been truly amazing. I might play the single player for GTA VI, but I don't want to be drawn to the multiplayer—which is where I think Rockstar will encourage gamers to migrate to because that's where the Shark Cards are—and waste my time being frustrated with the little things, so I might not even bother with the single player. I hated that in the single player, I always felt limited, like Rockstar was throttling my experience in order to encourage to play online. It wasn't until I joined GTA Online that I started to feel freer. But then the Shark Cards came, and the prices for everything increased, and the fixes for major issues never arrived, and the servers were never removed of cheaters and hackers and griefers.

My dream game is GTA V Online... but without all the issues.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 06-03-18, 05:36 PM
Advanced Member

I don't think that Rockstar will ever pull a female lead in GTA. But since they've successfully created a game featuring three protagonists, I can see them making a game with two protagonists. Something like a Bonnie and Clyde scenario.

But I could be wrong. Rockstar is surprisingly unpredictable.
Old 06-03-18, 08:36 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
A female lead!!

Was it really necessary? You could have easily conveyed the same message with not using that. You talk about gender balance but then just one sentence earlier call male gamers idiots.

Either way, I won't be getting this game. GTA is meh. Female or not. If I wanted a good female character, I'd play the Witcher series or even a RPG that let me actually be a female.
Old 06-03-18, 08:40 PM
OC3D Elite

Doesn't bother me either way. I have played FO3, FONV and FO4 as a woman. FO4 is the best, you can have lesbian relations. I'm a right old s**g First I got Cait into bed, then I left her and moved onto Piper, who proved a tougher nut to crack but I got there in the end

Loads of fun, and the Black Widow perk is hella useful too.

Old 06-03-18, 09:05 PM
OC3D Elite

And the won't come to PC until 2025, if at all :/ either way their release cycle/frequency is beyond terrible! 9 years between games is plain lazy.

Never done vice city so I'm in for whatever they bring us. Really like the games.