Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 08-02-18, 01:16 PM
The Guvnor

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G and Ryzen 5 2400G APU Preview

An AMD Ryzen CPU with integrated VEGA graphics!

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 08-02-18, 01:36 PM

I thought these APUs were too good to be true TBH, but I can see there are now some drawbacks with the new quad core design.
That being said, they seem minimal, and look to offer some really great low-end value parts.
I occasionally do office PCs for friends and family, and these could replace the i3s I'd usually opt for!
Old 08-02-18, 01:52 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggyolly View Post
I thought these APUs were too good to be true TBH, but I can see there are now some drawbacks with the new quad core design.
That being said, they seem minimal, and look to offer some really great low-end value parts.
I occasionally do office PCs for friends and family, and these could replace the i3s I'd usually opt for!
Expectation. People have very high ones, then you find yourself let down all of the time. The trick is to have none, and see the product for what it is. IE - a cheap, dirty little APU that can actually game. Meaning you can have a tiny rig that doesn't bust your bank account and run games on low settings.

This idea was enormously popular with the original AMD APUs. Even though the on die GPU was crap (6670 or something) it enabled people to just stick one in and game without the added expense of a GPU.

And yes, the GPU area on this should piddle on Intel's best tbh.

Over the coming months I fancy building a Sega AM3 only box. Running Supermodel. This would be absolutely ideal for me

Old 08-02-18, 02:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Speaking from experience as having gamed AAA titles on an APU, ie my last setup was an A10 and I was able to play with reasonable setting @ 1080p without any real problems except when things got really busy on screen such as late game HOI or Arma3 but for the most things were pretty fine.
This new generation I bet will be far superior and akin to an ryzen 3 with a 750ti or better
ASUS Prime x370 Pro | Ryzen 5 1600 | Antec 240 AIO | Corsair Vengance RGB 3000 2 x 8Gb | Asus Strix RX 470 | Samsung Evo 120gb ssd | Seagate Baracuda 1tb storage | EVGA 500w | Phanteks Entho ProM Acrylic Window | Windows 10 and Linux Manjaro
Old 08-02-18, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobM View Post
This new generation I bet will be far superior and akin to an ryzen 3 with a 750ti or better
I'd bet with you that it won't be near 750 Ti level. It's compared to a 1030 in 3DMark on an AMD slide, so my bet is that it's slower than the 1030 in actual games. And the 1030 is slower than the 750 Ti.

It's possible that with overclocking and fast RAM it will be 1030 level, but I'm not setting my expectation that high.

Like AlienALX said, keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed.

(My personal expectation is that a 2200G will play games better than my current Phenom II X6 1090T + Radeon HD 5750. If this happens it will be good enough for me.)
Old 08-02-18, 02:58 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah I think that is a bit hopeful tbh. I think it will be more of a case of "Hey look, this thing can actually run games... Just about" than "750ti high settings 1080p !".

All that matters is that it kicks Intel's IGP's ass. Anything else is a bonus

Old 08-02-18, 03:21 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Yeah I think that is a bit hopeful tbh. I think it will be more of a case of "Hey look, this thing can actually run games... Just about" than "750ti high settings 1080p !".

All that matters is that it kicks Intel's IGP's ass. Anything else is a bonus
that would please me immensely
ASUS Prime x370 Pro | Ryzen 5 1600 | Antec 240 AIO | Corsair Vengance RGB 3000 2 x 8Gb | Asus Strix RX 470 | Samsung Evo 120gb ssd | Seagate Baracuda 1tb storage | EVGA 500w | Phanteks Entho ProM Acrylic Window | Windows 10 and Linux Manjaro
Old 08-02-18, 03:25 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobM View Post
that would please me immensely
Anything that can run L4D at an acceptable frame rate is acceptable to me tbh. It will be nice having a tiny rig I can just throw in my rucksack and take to my mother's and plug into the TV. I may finally retire my Android gaming console thing and use a PC.

Old 08-02-18, 04:05 PM

Post amd Ryzen 2400G

compare Ryzen 2400G with older AMD APU
Old 08-02-18, 04:05 PM

AMD Raven Ridge

All the talk is expectations and from what AMD showed in their press conferences I'll wait until next week full reveal to see what those two cpus bring to the table and i don't expect much from them in terms of performance and caches levels with number of cores are just disappointing THE FINAL WORD next week