Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 24-01-18, 03:46 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 13,386
Scotland is coming to Civilization VI

Strange choice, anyone for a round of golf?



Read more about Scotland's addition to Civilization VI.

__________________
One of these days I'll change my name to Mark Bench
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24-01-18, 03:50 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 11,083
Why is it now that whenever I heard Scotland I think "Donald Trump"
__________________
He used to do surgery
For girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24-01-18, 03:55 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 13,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Why is it now that whenever I heard Scotland I think "Donald Trump"
That man has single-handedly ruined Golf as a sport for me. (At least for the time being)
__________________
One of these days I'll change my name to Mark Bench
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24-01-18, 04:01 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 11,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
That man has single-handedly ruined Golf as a sport for me. (At least for the time being)
lmao. I remember back in Sim City I think (the first one? or 2000?) that you could have disaster mode on and a big green creature that looked like Godzilla would come out stomping all over your buildings. They should do that in this as a surprise, only Donald Trump
__________________
He used to do surgery
For girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins



Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 24-01-18, 04:09 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 13,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
lmao. I remember back in Sim City I think (the first one? or 2000?) that you could have disaster mode on and a big green creature that looked like Godzilla would come out stomping all over your buildings. They should do that in this as a surprise, only Donald Trump
I'm sure modders have already made him as a custom leader.
__________________
One of these days I'll change my name to Mark Bench
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24-01-18, 04:11 PM
Bartacus Bartacus is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 1,992
Frankie Boyle should do some voice work. He'll be totally incomprehensible, but that's what a Scot sounds like to the average joe.
__________________
Guts: Ryzen R7 1700 / Asus CH6 Hero / 16GB G.Skill 3600CL15 / Zotac GTX 1080Ti x2 / EVGA 1000W PSU / Case Labs M8
Storage: Intel 600p 1TB NVME / 6TB RAID0 HDD array / 4TB RAID0 SSD array
Water Cooling: Watercool HeatKiller IV blocks on CPU & GPUs / 4 360 rads + 1 240 rad / Singularity Computers reservoir / dual D5 pumps

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 24-01-18, 04:19 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 13,386
Kinda want to see Ireland now. Have a massive British Isles showdown. (Do we need Wales for that?)
__________________
One of these days I'll change my name to Mark Bench
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 24-01-18, 05:21 PM
Kaapstad's Avatar
Kaapstad Kaapstad is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Skaro visiting family
Posts: 1,888
Good addition.

After the Scots totally thrashed the pathetic English and unified the British isles it laid the foundation for empire building in the 18th and 19th century.
__________________
OC3D Overclockers Club Member
#041

GTX 960 owner and proud of it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 24-01-18, 06:29 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Middle-Earth
Posts: 14,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaapstad View Post
Good addition.

After the Scots totally thrashed the pathetic English and unified the British isles it laid the foundation for empire building in the 18th and 19th century.
I sense anger...

Love the Scots. Sounds like they'll be fun to play as. Keeping people happy during wars just means it's easier to war which imo is more fun
__________________
The Cost of Freedom -
"A price payed gladly, in the hopes that the free, live better."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 24-01-18, 07:10 PM
Kaapstad's Avatar
Kaapstad Kaapstad is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Skaro visiting family
Posts: 1,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I sense anger...

Love the Scots. Sounds like they'll be fun to play as. Keeping people happy during wars just means it's easier to war which imo is more fun
No anger just amusement.

The Scots on their own were not exactly empire builders, having said that the same could be said of the English. It was only after union that things got interesting.
__________________
OC3D Overclockers Club Member
#041

GTX 960 owner and proud of it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 12:27 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.