Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 11-01-18, 10:25 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 11,303
Apple agrees to pay £136 million in tax after HMRC investigation

The exact details of the deal remain behind closed doors.



Read more about Apple's agreement to bay £136 million in UK tax.

__________________
I'm not saying that 1984 is a bad book, but the dystopia we are currently living in has much better worldbuilding.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-01-18, 07:39 AM
Bagpuss Bagpuss is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 69
They've 'agreed'?

How nice of them, I didn't know paying tax was optional, I must have missed the box I needed to tick on my tax return to not agree to pay.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-01-18, 08:13 AM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 14,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
They've 'agreed'?

How nice of them, I didn't know paying tax was optional, I must have missed the box I needed to tick on my tax return to not agree to pay.
It could have been worse so they lowered it and they agreed. I'd rather pay this amount than anything more..
__________________
"I would have followed you, my Captain, my King."
- Boromir's last words.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-01-18, 09:38 AM
Chrazey's Avatar
Chrazey Chrazey is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 4,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
It could have been worse so they lowered it and they agreed. I'd rather pay this amount than anything more..
Why are you defending a company that doesn't even care at all?... They clearly went around the law to evade paying the tax requirements they should be paying. So it's all their own fault.

And also read this from the article:

"At this time the €13 billion is getting paid into a separate account while Ireland continues the challenge the commission, despite that fact that they are the country that will be receiving the money."

Just why? If they are the country receiving the money, why are they challenge it? Or is it that they don't want the money?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-01-18, 12:10 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 11,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
Why are you defending a company that doesn't even care at all?... They clearly went around the law to evade paying the tax requirements they should be paying. So it's all their own fault.

And also read this from the article:

"At this time the €13 billion is getting paid into a separate account while Ireland continues the challenge the commission, despite that fact that they are the country that will be receiving the money."

Just why? If they are the country receiving the money, why are they challenge it? Or is it that they don't want the money?
I didn't want to go too deep into the political situation, but long story short is that Ireland doesn't want to take the money as it can prevent further investment into the country from other companies.

While 13 billion is a lot of money, Ireland would prefer to get more investment from big companies to facilitate some job creation.
__________________
I'm not saying that 1984 is a bad book, but the dystopia we are currently living in has much better worldbuilding.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-01-18, 01:02 PM
Linchpin Linchpin is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
They've 'agreed'?

How nice of them, I didn't know paying tax was optional, I must have missed the box I needed to tick on my tax return to not agree to pay.
It's pretty clear by now that paying taxes is for the little people.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-01-18, 05:07 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 14,037
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
Why are you defending a company that doesn't even care at all?... They clearly went around the law to evade paying the tax requirements they should be paying. So it's all their own fault.

And also read this from the article:

"At this time the €13 billion is getting paid into a separate account while Ireland continues the challenge the commission, despite that fact that they are the country that will be receiving the money."

Just why? If they are the country receiving the money, why are they challenge it? Or is it that they don't want the money?
Please explain where I am defending them and condone illegal activities?
__________________
"I would have followed you, my Captain, my King."
- Boromir's last words.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-01-18, 05:21 PM
Chrazey's Avatar
Chrazey Chrazey is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 4,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Please explain where I am defending them and condone illegal activities?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
It could have been worse so they lowered it and they agreed. I'd rather pay this amount than anything more..
I never implied or anything that you condone illegal activities. I just asked why, as you seemed to be doing it, you were defending them?.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-01-18, 05:32 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 14,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
I never implied or anything that you condone illegal activities. I just asked why, as you seemed to be doing it, you were defending them?.
You have an odd understanding of defending.

Me saying they probably agreed to pay less than originally asked has nothing to do with defending them.
__________________
"I would have followed you, my Captain, my King."
- Boromir's last words.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-01-18, 05:45 PM
Chrazey's Avatar
Chrazey Chrazey is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 4,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
You have an odd understanding of defending.

Me saying they probably agreed to pay less than originally asked has nothing to do with defending them.
Or maybe it's you that has an odd way of expressing what you mean.

Or we both have an odd way of missunderstanding eachother

Cause what you wrote now I totally understand, meanwhile what you wrote initially just sounds a bit like you were defending them.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 03:35 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.