Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 08-01-18, 06:26 PM
News Guru

ASUS showcases their ROG Bezel-free kit that hides bezels using refraction

The product that nobody needed.

Read more about ASUS' ROG Bezel-free kit.

Old 08-01-18, 06:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Great idea, but just lol... This is a great idea, but at the same time a very dumb idea. These days there are monitors with basically zero bezels, making it almost no bezels anyway.

Also, ultrawide's are also gaining more popularity. I, myself have taken the step into the ultrawide world and I'm loving it
Old 08-01-18, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
Great idea, but just lol... This is a great idea, but at the same time a very dumb idea. These days there are monitors with basically zero bezels, making it almost no bezels anyway.

Also, ultrawide's are also gaining more popularity. I, myself have taken the step into the ultrawide world and I'm loving it
The ultrawide comment makes perfect sense. What DOESN'T make sense about this idea from ASUS is simply this: Why buy 2 or 3 of those monitors when you could instead buy one large ultrawide and another monitor for your normal chat stuff like discord and internet and stuff incase you need to look up something while playing.

I don't know this idea seems...good but not needed anymore either. I guess the saying of "too little too late" might fit here, or might not. Idk lol.
Old 09-01-18, 04:02 AM
OC3D Crew

I think it would have been nice a few years ago when the bezels were a problem.

As for now UW is my best buy in a LONG time. I can be without it now. So good for work and great for gaming as well.

I even have a 27* 144hz gsync monitor as secondary for some fps when needed.
Old 09-01-18, 08:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkdayzzz View Post
The ultrawide comment makes perfect sense. What DOESN'T make sense about this idea from ASUS is simply this: Why buy 2 or 3 of those monitors when you could instead buy one large ultrawide and another monitor for your normal chat stuff like discord and internet and stuff incase you need to look up something while playing.

I don't know this idea seems...good but not needed anymore either. I guess the saying of "too little too late" might fit here, or might not. Idk lol.
Also, the costs are a thing to keep in mind, considering the Swift and Strix are definitely not what I'd consider "at reasonable price". They are effing expensive and who even has 3 of them!? I guess you'd be even cheaper off if you buy an ultrawide and another seperate monitor.

My concerns about a stretched picture are eliminated by the proprietary aspect of the product itself, I guess. So the light will only be refracted so much that the bezels disappear, but what about the actual picture? There will still be a disturbance in the picture.