Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 05-12-17, 03:42 PM
News Guru

YouTube will have over 10,000 moderators in 2018

Will this help combat the "adpocalypse"?

Read more on YouTube's plans to have over 10,000 moderation staff.

Old 05-12-17, 04:01 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah because having that many moderators is guaranteed not to turn into a storm of effluence. I'm sure all 10000 will be vetted and promise not to promote their mates content nor delete their rivals.
Old 05-12-17, 06:09 PM
AMD Enthusiast

It wouldn't be so bad in the first place if everybody didn't get offended so easily
Old 05-12-17, 06:21 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
It wouldn't be so bad in the first place if everybody didn't get offended so easily
Perfectly put !

Problem is a frighteningly large amount of people now have the mindset of children, Man children and fem babies as I like to call them, They can't handle reality or someone else' opinion so try to block it out or get people with differing opinions shutdown so to protect their own egos.
Old 05-12-17, 06:25 PM
OC3D Crew

I find likely that more people are gaming the report system to troll / make life difficult for people they don't like, rather than using the system due to being actually offended.

That, and attempts at censorship which luckily demonstrates Streisand effect every so often.
Old 05-12-17, 08:27 PM

Anything has surely got to be better than the current system which demonetises videos before they're even uploaded. Most YouTubers have taken it into their routine to appeal their video for monetisation. Of course it being accepted after that appeal.
Old 05-12-17, 09:11 PM
News Guru

Quote:
It doesn't help when large mainstream newspapers will write articles about company X having an ad beside inappropriate thing YouTube. First it was terrorism videos, now it is fake kids shows and bad comments sections.

Newspapers and traditional TV stations want to get more ads, so many will try and make YouTube and Twitch as unappealing as possible. How many times have you seen an article about Twitch being filled with "boob" streamers when it obviously isn't.
Old 05-12-17, 09:52 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
It doesn't help when large mainstream newspapers will write articles about company X having an ad beside inappropriate thing Y. First it was terrorism videos, now it is fake kids shows and bad comments sections.

Newspapers and traditional TV stations want to get more ads, so many will try and make YouTube and Twitch as unappealing as possible. How many times have you seen an article about Twitch being filled with "boob" streamers when it obviously isn't.
Exactly. All of this is because people get offended so easily.
Old 05-12-17, 11:07 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Exactly. All of this is because people get offended so easily.
The big problem is that the problem is pretty much manufactured by newspapers to make problems appear much worse than they are.

This is effectively their answer to organisations like "Stop Funding Hate" in an attempt to make their competitors look worse than themselves and keep as many advertisers away from YouTube and Facebook as they can.

My opinion here is that YouTube shouldn't have given in here and defended themselves as an open platform. Now that they have showcased that they are willing to give in to these demands newspapers and traditional media will now continue to find edge cases that they can use to hammer YouTube with.
Old 05-12-17, 11:16 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Youtube is run by monkeys honestly. For all the prowess Google holds, one of their biggest products sure fails so bad.

Youtube needs a strong leader to stand up and keep them focused. Ignore all the media and get control of your sponsors. Despite them being run poorly, they still have massive market share in regards to ad revenue. They need to leverage that.