Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 27-11-17, 07:16 PM
News Guru

Mother defends her Fortnite cheating son from Epic Games lawsuit

The son created YouTube videos teaching people how to install cheat software in Fortnite.

Read more on this mother's response to Epic Games.

Old 27-11-17, 07:36 PM
Previously Chrazey

Oh boy...
Old 27-11-17, 08:09 PM
OC3D Elite

Still being breastfed as well I reckon...
Asus Z370 Maximus X Hero | Intel Core i7-8700K 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 | G.Skill Trident Z 3333MHz CL16 16GB | Asus GTX 1080 Strix | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Crucial MX200 500 GB | 760T | Acer XB270HU 1440p | Windows 10 Pro x64
Old 27-11-17, 08:17 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Lol
" It is my belief that due to their lack of ability to curve cheat codes and others from modifying their game"

Yeah because professional software developers don't know how to implement a basic feature. Maybe she should give alternatives if she's so smart? Yeah next time you have to enter your Social security number or your birth certificate. Seems WAY more reasonable than opting to NOT enter that and let people play farily.

It pi$$es me off that I've seen on FB and everywhere else how Epic is in the wrong because he's a child. Um news flash people you could be a 4 year old genius for all I care. If you are cheating and doing illegal things after being warned, you deserve punishment. Does this kid deserve prison? No. But he has earned a massive fine and should do tons of community work.
Old 27-11-17, 08:54 PM
OC3D Elite

FFS he is just a kid. Kids do stupid things like that. Who hasn't stuffed a couple of pinkies ($500) under the Monopoly board before?

When I was a kid they sold you cheat devices, FFS. Seriously I am getting so sick of the way the world is going.

Who do you think you are? running 'round leaving scars. Collecting your jar of hearts, tearing love apart. You're gonna catch a cold, from the ice inside your soul, so don't come back for me, don't come back at all.
Old 27-11-17, 10:28 PM

Sue the little ba$tard, too many self indulgent people. This might make him realize there are consequences for selfishness.
3*140 SR1 Rad
all stuffed in an FD arc midi
Old 28-11-17, 12:59 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
FFS he is just a kid. Kids do stupid things like that. Who hasn't stuffed a couple of pinkies ($500) under the Monopoly board before?

When I was a kid they sold you cheat devices, FFS. Seriously I am getting so sick of the way the world is going.

You're analogy is poor. He didn't stuff fake money under a board. He quite literally broke the law AND took advantage of people AFTER BEING WARNED ABOUT LEGAL ACTION. He MADE THE SOFTWARE. You learn ethics in programming. He obviously missed that class or just didn't care and taught himself how to cheat the system and make money from doing. It doesn't get more deliberate than that. So let him go because he didn't know better? BS. How much do people need to hold children's hands these days?
His mom deserves punishment too.
Old 28-11-17, 01:53 AM

As if we needed more proof that stupidity is hereditary. That mom should be smacking that kid around the head and apologizing for him not excusing his trashy behaviour.
Old 28-11-17, 09:45 AM
OC3D Elite

huh?

So you are saying that a Mother defending her child is bad? My god, when did that become newsworthy.

Yes, punish the son, sue him for his exploitations. I see nothing wrong with this. But to make a news article about a Mother defending her son is a bit OTT. Since when does a mother not do so? the boy is 14 yrs old for god sake.

While I see nothing wrong with going after him for what he did, why are people suddenly blasting the mother for protecting her own blood...
Old 28-11-17, 10:22 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
huh?

So you are saying that a Mother defending her child is bad? My god, when did that become newsworthy.

Yes, punish the son, sue him for his exploitations. I see nothing wrong with this. But to make a news article about a Mother defending her son is a bit OTT. Since when does a mother not do so? the boy is 14 yrs old for god sake.

While I see nothing wrong with going after him for what he did, why are people suddenly blasting the mother for protecting her own blood...
The mother defending her son is not a bad thing. It was her letter to the court that brought the fact that the defendant was 14 to light.

I don't disagree with the mother here, she is right to feel the way that she feels and to defend her son from this huge corporation.

This presents a very interesting legal case, as it was the child's refusal to accept Epic's takedown claim on YouTube that forced them to sue him. While he is a minor, that doesn't mean that the law should not apply to him.