Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 13-11-17, 07:24 PM
News Guru

Star Wars: Battlefront II Trial PC Performance Review

How well does this early version of Star Wars: Battlefront II perform? Will AMD or Nvidia be dominant?

Read more on Star Wars: Battlefront II's early PC performance.

Old 13-11-17, 07:53 PM

where is vega 56 . 64 and 64 LC ? Where is 1080ti ?
Old 13-11-17, 08:38 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadyal View Post
Simple answer, because our games review guy does not have those GPUs to test with at the moment. This is something that we want to address but alas, hardware does not grow on trees.

The lack of these GPUs in our testing is not due to any lack of desire to test them.
Old 13-11-17, 10:40 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Vast majority of people don't have those cards anyway. So does it even matter much? It's not like you don't know where they will end up anyway
Old 14-11-17, 12:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Vast majority of people don't have those cards anyway. So does it even matter much? It's not like you don't know where they will end up anyway
It'd be nice to see the 56 brought into the lineup at least. While Vega was a bit of let down the 56 at least holds its own and does vary between competing with a 1070 or 1080 depending on the game.
Old 14-11-17, 09:11 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Same could be said for any GPU we test at some point. Doesn't mean that the Vega series doesn't deserve a spot in the lineup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiyus View Post
It'd be nice to see the 56 brought into the lineup at least. While Vega was a bit of let down the 56 at least holds its own and does vary between competing with a 1070 or 1080 depending on the game.
While Vega can be seen as a letdown, it does offer decent levels of performance when priced correctly. Some games do take advantage of the hardware quite well, particularly Wolfenstein II: TNC when using the latest game updates.

Far Cry 5 will also be an interesting example since it uses Rapid Packed math.
Old 14-11-17, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Same could be said for any GPU we test at some point. Doesn't mean that the Vega series doesn't deserve a spot in the lineup.

While Vega can be seen as a letdown, it does offer decent levels of performance when priced correctly. Some games do take advantage of the hardware quite well, particularly Wolfenstein II: TNC when using the latest game updates.

Far Cry 5 will also be an interesting example since it uses Rapid Packed math.
I'm very interested to see for myself just how well The New Colossus runs on my Vega 56; from the videos I've watched it should be a very good experience even at 2160p. The Battlefront II beta was spotty but I only played an hour or two and didn't really mess with the settings. Of what I did play I remember it having serious issues with DX12; the frame-rate was all over the place, a very choppy experience.
Old 14-11-17, 11:24 AM
The Guvnor

Quote:

Ive not even seen the RX64 LC - we can only test with parts we have available.

Its hard enough to buy Vega atm let alone people like us try and get them to keep

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 14-11-17, 12:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Ive not even seen the RX64 LC - we can only test with parts we have available.

Its hard enough to buy Vega atm let alone people like us try and get them to keep
I'd offer to do Vega 56 testing but my system specs are nowhere near your test rig: Ryzen 5 1600 CPU, Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming K5 Motherboard, 16GB (4x4) Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 Memory, Corsair SF600 PSU.

I'd offer you the card itself but I'd be lost without my rig and I've no spare card. If you've got a spare 980 Ti or 1070 we could swap?
Old 14-11-17, 02:39 PM
OC3D Elite

While it is a shame Vega or a 1080Ti are not tested as of now, I still very much appreciate these breakdowns. I use them well.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX