Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 30-10-17, 06:50 PM
News Guru

Assassin's Creed: Origins PC Performance Review

After the series' two-year hiatus has Ubisoft brought Assassin's Creed back into a Golden Era?

Read more on Assassin's Creed: Origin's PC performance.

Old 30-10-17, 08:11 PM

Apparently the horrible CPU usage is caused by UBI doubling up on DRM. Pretty shady move imo passing the buck to the consumer by upping the game requirements, rather than, stopping piracy themselves
Old 30-10-17, 08:29 PM
OC3D Elite

I see you are saving Wolfenstein for last

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla
Old 30-10-17, 11:03 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth80 View Post
Apparently the horrible CPU usage is caused by UBI doubling up on DRM. Pretty shady move imo passing the buck to the consumer by upping the game requirements, rather than, stopping piracy themselves
DRM has virtually no impact on performance. DRM runs at launch. It would only extend loading times if that.

Something like Punkbuster(older BF games) could cause performance issues. But that is because it runs in real-time and is constantly on your internet connection. Anti cheat software like this can cause an impact. DRM won't. I'm sure there is some crap DRM out there that will. But reality is any big AAA company or half caring indie Dev would use a good DRM.
The performance issues is simply due to optimization
Old 31-10-17, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
DRM has virtually no impact on performance. DRM runs at launch. It would only extend loading times if that.

Something like Punkbuster(older BF games) could cause performance issues. But that is because it runs in real-time and is constantly on your internet connection. Anti cheat software like this can cause an impact. DRM won't. I'm sure there is some crap DRM out there that will. But reality is any big AAA company or half caring indie Dev would use a good DRM.
The performance issues is simply due to optimization
http://www.overclock.net/t/1641044/t...rs-gamers-cpus

I don't know
Old 31-10-17, 07:07 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth80 View Post
Nothing in that thread shows anything truthful. Just people talking about a screenshot. The guy as far as I read who the shot came from isn't even in the thread. Lots of he said she said
But still, if Ubi is having their own DRM, which they have a right to, then performance issues are on them. Still, even a 8700k is only being used 50% according to a person in that thread. So it's not CPU bound.
Old 31-10-17, 02:47 PM
OC3D Elite

I can imagine it's going to be a struggle for me to run this at 90 FPS High settings. Looks like a title I'll be putting on the backburner until hardware catches up.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 31-10-17, 08:12 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
I can imagine it's going to be a struggle for me to run this at 90 FPS High settings. Looks like a title I'll be putting on the backburner until hardware catches up.
I would just turn AA off. You'll gain a lot of performance
Old 31-10-17, 08:34 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I would just turn AA off. You'll gain a lot of performance
Have you been enjoying the game so far, assuming you've picked it up 'cause I know you're an AC fan and the game is getting good reviews?
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 31-10-17, 08:46 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Have you been enjoying the game so far, assuming you've picked it up 'cause I know you're an AC fan and the game is getting good reviews?
No I have actually been dealing with many bank problems lately. Had to get a new card because apparently my information was stolen at a Walmart( i can't remember the last time I ever went there) and they had my physical card with them(even though I have it in front of me) so for the past while I've not really been buying anything. Mostly because I don't have an active card on me and everything I buy is online soo.. yeah can't
I was going to get Origins and waited for it to come up on CDkeys but it was for EU only. So about right after that time was when my card issues arised so never got around to it. Fine with me I can wait till Christmas I am in no hurry I already have many games to play with so little time with school that it's kinda a blessing in disguise, if you could call it that.

edit: Right after posting this, my father just informed me he bought the physical disc on PS4. So I might go steal it and play on PS instead of PC