Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 17-10-17, 05:15 PM
News Guru

Total War: Warhammer II's Mortal Empires Campaign will release on October 26th

This campaign map is around 2x bigger than Total War Warhammer's map!

Read more on Total War: Warhammer II's Mortal Empires Campaign.

Old 17-10-17, 05:58 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Super excited. Can't wait to crush the New World factions under the hooves of Bretonnia!
Old 17-10-17, 06:07 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Super excited. Can't wait to crush the New World factions under the hooves of Bretonnia!
I was thinking the exact same thing. Love Bretonnia, easily one of my favourite factions.
Old 17-10-17, 07:20 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing. Love Bretonnia, easily one of my favourite factions.
Same! Unfortunately I believe after playing the Vortex Campaign that the Old World factions are outclassed in terms of balance and quality of the faction. So much more work was put into the new game
Old 17-10-17, 07:35 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Same! Unfortunately I believe after playing the Vortex Campaign that the Old World factions are outclassed in terms of balance and quality of the faction. So much more work was put into the new game
Yeah, but in the Vortex Campaign the Old World factions were not using their full unit rosters, so they were kind nerfed and unable to utilise their full might when the other factions started using top tier armies.

Hopefully they are able to get the balance right in the new campaign, though I think all factions are usable online, so they should be well enough balanced on that level.
Old 18-10-17, 12:18 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Yeah the balance over time will definitely be better. But lore wise some factions are just simply better so it'll be interesting to see how that will play out.
I think campaign wise the features of each faction are going to definitely be skewed where everything before Bretonnia is going to feel unfinished compared to everything after. I'll still enjoy it either way
Old 18-10-17, 09:43 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Yeah the balance over time will definitely be better. But lore wise some factions are just simply better so it'll be interesting to see how that will play out.
I think campaign wise the features of each faction are going to definitely be skewed where everything before Bretonnia is going to feel unfinished compared to everything after. I'll still enjoy it either way
This is the reason for the big 30th-anniversary update for TWW 1, as it added a lot of new units and rebalanced the base game's factions. This should help things but it is still a concern. So many races in this new campaign, so it will be extremely difficult to balance.