Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 14-10-17, 02:39 PM
News Guru

Middle Earth: Shadow of War PC Performance Review

Is your PC ready for battle? Time for some "Mordor" benchmarks!

Read more on Middle Earth: Shadow of War's PC performance.

Old 14-10-17, 03:44 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Clicking on the article link just leads to a game picture.

https://overclock3d.net/gfx/articles...074417638l.jpg
Old 14-10-17, 03:59 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Clicking on the article link just leads to a game picture.

https://overclock3d.net/gfx/articles...074417638l.jpg
Link has been fixed.
Old 14-10-17, 03:59 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Link has been fixed.
We need to set you up with a coffee drip
Old 14-10-17, 05:53 PM
AMD Enthusiast

In regards to Vega, apparently it performs far better than Nvidia. A 64 is far ahead if the 1080 and the 56 is slightly above it. At least according to a different review.

It is good to see though that this is not another crappy black boxed Nvidia TWIMTBP title. Having agnostic results and being GPU limited is how it should be.
Nice review and thanks for taking the time. Since the DRM slowed you down a bit.
Old 14-10-17, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
In regards to Vega, apparently it performs far better than Nvidia. A 64 is far ahead if the 1080 and the 56 is slightly above it. At least according to a different review.

It is good to see though that this is not another crappy black boxed Nvidia TWIMTBP title. Having agnostic results and being GPU limited is how it should be.
Nice review and thanks for taking the time. Since the DRM slowed you down a bit.
Where do you see that? I only saw Vega win in Forza which makes sense since Microsoft had that game optimized for AMD specific hardware (Thanks Xbox).

Not sure if that one game equates to GPU competition or the VEGA performing "FAR BETTER THAN NVIDIA".
Old 14-10-17, 09:05 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by meller View Post
Where do you see that? I only saw Vega win in Forza which makes sense since Microsoft had that game optimized for AMD specific hardware (Thanks Xbox).

Not sure if that one game equates to GPU competition or the VEGA performing "FAR BETTER THAN NVIDIA".
Joker on YouTube saw his Vega 56 come within scratching distance of a 1080. DudeRandom84 on youTube also shows Vega 64 beating the 1080. Not by a huge amount, and Vega 56 is still behind the 1080, but Vega seemingly likes Shadow of War.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 14-10-17, 09:23 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:

You should do some research and read into how you receive posts, because no where did I say Vega is better than Nvidia because of one game.
Old 14-10-17, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
You should do some research and read into how you receive posts, because no where did I say Vega is better than Nvidia because of one game.
Oh, no you said "Far Better Than Nvidia". And that's the part I challenged. I have yet to see once where VEGA is "far better" than nvidia with the exception of like one game.

More will come out, but the amount of games that literally go out of their way to optimize for AMD vs games in general vs studios that go out of their way to optimize for Nvidia... you'll see AMD is not "far better" than nvidia.

Once again, Far Better than nvidia being your words. But you're right, I need to do my research *sip tea*
Old 14-10-17, 11:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Oh, no you said "Far Better Than Nvidia". And that's the part I challenged. I have yet to see once where VEGA is "far better" than nvidia with the exception of like one game.

More will come out, but the amount of games that literally go out of their way to optimize for AMD vs games in general vs studios that go out of their way to optimize for Nvidia... you'll see AMD is not "far better" than nvidia.

Once again, Far Better than nvidia being your words. But you're right, I need to do my research *sip tea*
Getting a little childish now, NBD said Vega performed better than a 1080 not just in Forza 7 but also in SoW, And it does, That's literally it, Leave it at that and move on.