Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 06-10-17, 10:07 AM
News Guru

Netflix has raised their priced in the UK and US

Several other countries like Germany and France will also be affected by pricing tweaks.

Read more on Netflix's price increases in the UK and US.

Old 06-10-17, 10:27 AM
OC3D Elite

Think I'd rather have a sub to Netflix or similar over paying for the crap BBC
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: TTL white 1060
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 06-10-17, 10:35 AM
OC3D Crew

Still worth it and better than cable. I cut the cord back in 2013 and have never regretted it... Well maybe around football season but that's it.

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.815 ••• Asus Sabertooth 990FX rev 1••• Corsair H100
Corsair 500R ••• EVGA Supernova G2 750 ••• Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB x2 ••• MSI R9 290x Lightning
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB ••• BenQ XL2720Z
Logitech G710+ ••• Logitech G502
Old 06-10-17, 11:05 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post
Still worth it and better than cable. I cut the cord back in 2013 and have never regretted it... Well maybe around football season but that's it.
same. I get premiere league for free via work incentive so im happy. My only gripe is the content library for Norway is awful compared to UK, we have about 40% of what you guys get, and even then its full of stupid bollywood crap...
Old 06-10-17, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
Think I'd rather have a sub to Netflix or similar over paying for the crap BBC
Yeah, the 'crap' BBC? the one that provides us with literally the best and most impartial TV news service on the world, 10 UK TV channels showing world-class Emmy-winning drama, comedy, sport, arts and kids programming in SD and HD, 10 award-winning national radio stations in AM/FM and DABs, 40 local radio stations, catch-up TV via iPlayer, the BBC News website - the most popular news website in the world, the Proms, the various BBC Symphony orchestras, all aspects of the UK's Eurovision entry and all Glastonbury coverage.

That BBC? The one that only costs *40 pence* a day for all that?

Yeah...'crap' compared to Netflix...

*nb. I work for one the BBC's competitors.
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K, Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VI Gene, Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengence DDR3 1866Mhz, Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 980 ti SC+, Hard Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 500GB + Intel 750 NVMe 800GB, Case: Corsair Obsidian 350D, Power Supply: Corsair AX860i, CPU cooling: Corsair H100i, OS: Windows 10 Pro x64, Monitor: AOC AG241QG 24" 165hz, Headphones: Logitech G35 3D, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB, Mouse: Razor Deathadder Chroma
Old 06-10-17, 12:14 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah whilst I hate being forced to pay for the beeb they do make some of the best TV in the world. My license is due end of Nov actually, I've asked my fam to pay for it as my Christmas present.

Other than that I have a £5.99 sub to Netflix. I most watch serial killer docus, stuff like that. That's one of the things my brain is good at, taking in info about subjects that interest me. If my brain was good all of the time that is what I would have done (been some sort of pysch or in forensics etc). Sadly my brain is pretty screwed, which is why I tend to watch things about people who are more screwed than me.

I also have Amazon Prime but my mother pays for that (for the shipping etc).

Does me. I watch dodgy footy streams when the mood takes me but I only go there for the banter with the guys I've known for a few years now.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 06-10-17, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper3 View Post
Yeah, the 'crap' BBC? the one that provides us with literally the best and most impartial TV news service on the world, 10 UK TV channels showing world-class Emmy-winning drama, comedy, sport, arts and kids programming in SD and HD, 10 award-winning national radio stations in AM/FM and DABs, 40 local radio stations, catch-up TV via iPlayer, the BBC News website - the most popular news website in the world, the Proms, the various BBC Symphony orchestras, all aspects of the UK's Eurovision entry and all Glastonbury coverage.

This. I don't watch a lot of TV anymore and often think that the BBC's commitment to impartiality is sometimes its greatest weakness but with the ever creep of the Murdoch empire a publically funded broadcaster that does important things Netflix simply isn't capable of delivering is incredibly important.

It's also perfectly possible not to pay for the BBC and still watch content from Channel 4, ITV etc online, the days of "being forced to pay the licence fee" are long gone.
Old 06-10-17, 12:53 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper3 View Post

Considering you can go to prison for not paying the TV license if you simply own a TV, Yeah, I'd call that pretty crap on par with somewhere like north Korea, Also if you own a radio you still have to pay the TV license which is insane, It's like walking passed a cinema and having to pay a ticket price but not actually going in.

My cousin works for the TV licensing people and the things he's told me sound nothing short of nuts.
Old 06-10-17, 01:31 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Considering you can go to prison for not paying the TV license if you simply own a TV, Yeah, I'd call that pretty crap on par with somewhere like north Korea, Also if you own a radio you still have to pay the TV license which is insane, It's like walking passed a cinema and having to pay a ticket price but not actually going in.

My cousin works for the TV licensing people and the things he's told me sound nothing short of nuts.
That's not true. There are plenty of ways of having a TV without a license. You don't have to buy one, no one is holding a gun at you. End of the day people want their cake and eat it, that's why they get fined by the TV man.

The BBC is an institution and a part of our culture. I've lived elsewhere and the TV was crap. Even in the USA if you wanted to watch anything even remotely decent you needed cable at $40 a month.

As I said the problem is people get all squeaky and refuse to pay for it, then think they can sit down and watch the latest Doctor Foster without paying.

As I said, I hate paying for it (especially as £150 or whatever it is is a lot of money to me) but at the end of the day I would rather pay and have it.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 06-10-17, 01:34 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
That's not true. There are plenty of ways of having a TV without a license. You don't have to buy one, no one is holding a gun at you. End of the day people want their cake and eat it, that's why they get fined by the TV man.

The BBC is an institution and a part of our culture. I've lived elsewhere and the TV was crap. Even in the USA if you wanted to watch anything even remotely decent you needed cable at $40 a month.

As I said the problem is people get all squeaky and refuse to pay for it, then think they can sit down and watch the latest Doctor Foster without paying.

As I said, I hate paying for it (especially as £150 or whatever it is is a lot of money to me) but at the end of the day I would rather pay and have it.
I can only parrot what my cousin tells me about his job

It would be good if we could get Freeview but not receive any BBC channels as I never watch anything BBC related yet have to pay a TV license to BBC.