Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 29-08-17, 08:15 AM
News Guru

Sony gives PSVR a price cut

New headsets will now ship with a PlayStation Camera, a $59 add-on.

Read more on Sony's PSVR price reductions.

Old 29-08-17, 09:54 AM
OC3D Elite

HTC looking at selling Vive, Oculus Rift bloke quits. Not looking good this VR malarkey is it?

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 29-08-17, 10:57 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
HTC looking at selling Vive, Oculus Rift bloke quits. Not looking good this VR malarkey is it?
Yes, but the price decreases are because of the devices getting cheaper to make and the need to increase VR userbases.

On the HTC front, the potential sale is due to the company's lack of money, which is due to their terrible phone/mobile sales. Similar idea to Toshiba selling some of their memory division, if you need money you need to sell something that is valuable.
Old 29-08-17, 12:05 PM
OC3D Elite

It needed to be cheaper from the beginning. Bit late now really, especially if you go look at all of the facts before handing over your cash. You wouldn't buy one knowing how poor the software is for them and how only the really simple stuff seems to work well.

What they both should have done was design them differently to save the user money. For example, Oculus. They could have designed it so that the front end of the headset (the screens) was removable from the rear so you could buy a "plate" of sorts. That way I could "upgrade" my DK2 very simply and easily.

Kinda like how Sony and MS designed their consoles. To use the same tech etc. They could have gone the modular route too IMO. Hopefully that may happen in the future, given they have both made statements along the lines of "We are not changing console tech again". Tech as in, as a loose example, X86 and an AMD APU/GPU or whatever. So they are becoming like PCs, with a standard sort of OS that will run all of their older games and the new more demanding ones.

I'm a bit green at heart and like having things I can upgrade, rather than toss in the bin and replace.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly